cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where we find duplicate records in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Q. where can we find duplicate records in MDM? what is the procedure?

In Datamanager----> where we can find duplicates? what is the procedure.

Is it possiable to find dulicates in Import manager & syndicator.

Today my manager asked this question in of my new collegues interview. My collegue told good answer, but my manager said it is wrong answer, but my collegue said right answer. now I am in confustion.

What is the exact answer????

Thanks,

Coti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1. As explained by Vinay, you can find duplicateds in Data Manager using rules and matching strategies based on certain key fields. It is based on Total score you assign to a field depending upon its importance to identify duplicate. e.g. to identify a duplicate customer you will assign high score to First Name, Last Name, DOB,Place of Birth etc. When you run this strategy manually or using a WF MDM will assign score against each record w.r.t teh record being created. if the score is high means, there are good chances of the record being duplicate. Then depending upon priority records are either deleted or merged or created.

2. While importing data MDM will compare existing records in MDM with teh records being imported with matching field as the Primary key and reference. it will identify records to be imported as exact match or no match.

e.g

data already in MDM: Customer Name-C1, DOB-17/09/1985, Place of Birth- IND.

data being imported: Customer Name- C1, DOB- 17/09/1985, Place of Birth- UK.

If you use Customer name as matching field system will identify it as excat match.

If you use Place of birth as matching field system wil identify it as a new record and will allow you to create it.

Best practise will be to use all three fields as matching fields to identify duplicate.

Hope all this helps you conceptually.

Manish

former_member189669
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Coti,

Appreciate your interest.

In MDM duplicate records can be identified using matching functionality. Matching process is executed in 'Matching mode'.

Matching mode not only supports in identifying duplicates, but also in eliminating them .

MDM Import manager also supports matching there by preventing entry of duplicate records into MDM repository.

Differences between matching in Import manager and MDM data manager are :

1) Matching in import manager is based on exact field matching , where as in data manager matching works based on rules and strategies.

2) Matching in import manager is executed between source file and records in MDM repository, where as matching in data mnager is performed only on records in MDM Repository.

Suggest you read through the link for understanding matching mode( MDM Data manager) in detail -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/e0677c82b40a2ee10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Vinay M.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Coti,

First while importing the data through import manager it tells the number of duplicate records and then depending upon your decision it will take action. Once if the duplicated data is loaded into the repository then you can eliminate teh duplicates in data manager. Please see sagar reply in this thread:

Since syndication is what you send from mdm technically you should not have duplicates. If you have then you can use the same above method.

Regards,

---Satish