cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate Central System Dispatching in CCMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just finished the initial configuration of CCMS, setting the PI development system as the CEN (central monitoring system), initially.

But I've noticed the following problem. In http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/9d/df1241c738f423e10000000a155106/frameset.htm it says:

"...To activate central system dispatching, start transaction RZ21, and choose Technical Infrastructure - Configure Central System - Activate Central System Dispatching."

I completed that step successfully, but if I check in SM37 for the planified jobs, I can't find the job SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER.

Background dispathing (data collection methods) is performed by SAP_CCMS_MONI_BATCH_DP and I can see this job in SM37, but I can't find SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER, which is the job responsible for central system dispathing: auto-reaction methods).

I have activated both central system dispatching and background dispatching in client 000. As I can't see that job I've tried to deactivate and activate again, which is done successfully. But still it's not there in SM37.

Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to solve the problem (actually it wasn't a problem).

The job SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER is triggered by the event SAP_CSM_TRIGGER_CENSYS_DISPATCH. In SM37, just filtering with * for job name and also with * for user name (with any kind of status for the job) won't show the jobs wich are triggered by an event.

In the job start condition there is a filed called "or after event" and putting there a * I could see the job SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Could you please check few things

make sure that Central dispatcher is not scheduled in any other client,if it is also already scheduled in any client other than 000,please shut that down and restart in 000.

since central dispatcher is a periodic job,please see how frequently it needs to run,try giving * for job as well as User in sm37 and then see if you get SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER.

I hope you are looking in SM37 in 000 itself.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

initially I had scheduled the central dispatcher and background dispatcher in client 001, but I deactivated them, and after deactivating I activated them in client 000.

As for the filters in SM37, yes, I've made sure to check all the jobs using * for job name and for user, and doing that from client 000. In both 000 and 001 I can't find the job SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER, which I think wouldn't allow me to planify auto-reaction methods.

Anyway, good hints, thanks.

(the problem persists)

Edited by: Jorge Lopez on Sep 23, 2009 6:33 PM