cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help in Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the NWDS to create web dynpros in JAVA. I am wondering whether there is any way to get any R/3 search helps automatically from SAP to appear in the web dynpro fields. If i use a BAPI, an interface element can be based on a structure in the repository. This structure can have a search help attached to each on the fields, or the search help could be attached in the data element or domain that contain search help or value table. Is it possible to get the search help to appear automatically in the web dynpro fields. Would i have to call i bespoke BAPI to pass search help values from R/3 to the web dynpro then populate the search help at runtime?

Please help me.

Many thanks

Sivajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through this thread:

Regards,

Rajeev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I believe it would not be possible with the BAPI that you are using. At the end, you are manipulating Standard tables in R/3, for which you cannot make changes. If you are using custom tables, there is a chance of working around these tables and finding out a solution. Try exploring the SVS, OVS options in WD for Java.

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using R/3 search help directly in webdynpro is not possible. If you can develop a wrapper RFC for it, then only you will be able to use it in web dynpro. Also in webdynpro you will have to create a pop up window on a click of button, in which you will populate the values retrieved from RFC.

regards,

Abhijeet

P.S. Please reward points for useful answers!