Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Late" Freight charges in third-party-sale

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I have got a question concerning a rather unusual (in my view) third-party deal:

As usual, there are three parties involved: Our company, our customer and our vendor. Our vendor charges varying freight charges depending on the ordered materials, quantities and several other factors. The problem is, that we do not always know the exact freight charges in advance and so we do not know what to charge our customers.

Example:

Our customer orders materials for 100$ (without freight charges). We order those materials to be delivered by our vendor. After the goods have arrived, our vendor invoices 20$ freight charge. Now we would like to charge those 20$ to our customer, but unfortunately, there is no condition for them in the SD order.

I know, it is unusual to do this, but this is how this business works, unfortunately.

Does anyone have an idea how to realize this? Is there any way to u201Ccopyu201D the 20$ from the incoming MM invoice into the SD order or at least the outgoing SD invoice?

The only idea I had up to now was to maintain SD condition records for the freight charges so that we could at least charge an approximate freight charge in our customer invoice. Of course, it would be quite some work to always keep those condition records up to date. Maybe there is a way to create them from the MM condition records?

Thanks in advance

Alicia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know, it is unusual to do this, but this is how this business works, unfortunately.

To me it does not look like unusual.

You can resolve the issue by just adding a frieght condition type (header level) in the sales order pricing procedure.

Once the sales order is created, just apply the billing block. Once the product is delivered to the customer, the vendor can send the frieght value to the sales organization. The user can add the frieght value in the sales order - header level and then can remove the billing block. By this way, the frieght rate can be captured in the billing document, which will then be sent to the customer.

Regards,

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, and thank you for your answer,

the problem with your proposal is, that we would have to manually change every SD order prior to invoice creation. I am looking for a way to automatically determine the correct freight charges.

Thanks anyway

Alicia

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can even automate the process.

Ask the freight vendor to send the feight rate and sale order details in a flat file format. This can be dropped into an FTP server.

Discuss with your basis team to develop a UNIX script or some other methods to pull the file from FTP server and put into SAP system folders.

An ABAP program can be developed to read the flat file in the SAP system folder and further updates the sales orders with the frieght rates (Header level freight condition type). You can combine the above steps as a background job and run at frequent intervals say for every 2hours.

As proposed earlier, when the user creates the 3rd party sales order, they can apply the billing block (You can make it as default also for this order type). When the background job runs, after applying the frieght rate value on the freight rate condition type at header level, the same program can remove the billing block.

We are running this scenario with our frieght vendors, but at delivery document level (not for 3rd party orders). It is working good.

Regards

Answers (0)