Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUIM report execution for multiple field values: OR / AND operators

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am running some SUIM reports and i have few questions

1. suppose if we have more than 4 activities like 01,02,07,08 can we put them in the same space using cammas,

i am running a report like users with S_USER_PRO Act 01,02, 07,08, 22, i kept in authorization object and clicked on values,

so i gave 01,02,07,08,22 in the first space is that correct?

2. i got an another request with more than 4 activites this time asking 01 or 02 or 07 or 22 how to put this one with "or"

Thanks in Advance

SSSS

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Sep 23, 2009 4:41 PM

Subject title made more meaningfull...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am running some SUIM reports and i have few questions

This looks like something you can try yourself even if you're not the trying kind....

Total Questions: 57 (25 unresolved)

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am running some SUIM reports and i have few questions

This looks like something you can try yourself even if you're not the trying kind....

Total Questions: 57 (25 unresolved)

0 Kudos

Jurjen,

I tried with different reports and options and all looks same, but want to avoid confusion by asking the professionals here

1. how to run multiple activities with and ( this one i tried by putting commas between different activities and it worked just looking to see if any one has a different thought)

2. how to run multiple activities with or ( only maximum of 2 activites can be inserted right, how to to if we have multiple activities with or like 01 or 03 or 02 or 07)

Thanks,

SSSS

0 Kudos

> this one i tried by putting commas between different activities and it worked just looking to see if any one has a different thought

I haven't ever tried, but don't recall anything which indicated that it would work.

Certainly you would not be able to build a multiple OR operator with a comma.

What I do is run them seperately and try to eliminate common denominators.

For AND you can use the selection options to import the result of a previous query.

For OR you simply add them together.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius for your suggestions and help

Thanks a lot....

SSSS

0 Kudos

> I tried with different reports and options and all looks same, but want to avoid confusion by asking the professionals here

Okay, I didn't pick that up correctly. My bad.

Glad Julius sorted you out.

Please take care of your unresolved questions though, they do harm your reputation