cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Server / Business objects XI R2 questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

If this isn't the place to post these questions please advise which forum is. Thank you in advance.

We are running XI R2 SP5 of Crystal Report server (11.5.11.1470). I have some general questions...and are fairly new to this version. Although I have been developing CR for many years.

There is plenty of discussions here about "Universes" in BO, but for my deployment I don't think this applies. Correct?

I have created list of values (LOV) using Business View Manager (11.5.11.1470) and would like to

1. give the user an ability to select an "ALL" option in the report.

2. If the LOV is large, it only returns a partial list.

Now i have search these forums and other and found discussions regarding the above but none seemed to relate to my version. Either I'm missing some component or just slow.

Any advice / help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create All prompt in lovs of reuired object as

do the following steps for all prompt creation.

1. Go to Object to which the lovs are mapped. -> select object -> properties -> advanced (not sure) -> edit lovs -> then a query panel will display and it will have query like

select distinct(..........) from ......................

change the above query to

select distinct(..........) from ......................

union

select 'all' from dual -> dual is temporary table in oracle (you define a temporary table w.r.to database)

2. In designer go to the object on which prompt is defined.

i.e.

may be in selecor where clause you might defined prompt as

.............. @prompt('Member Name')

so change that to

.................. .............. @prompt('..Member name')

or

'all' in @prompt('Member name')

2. For your second requirement the max no lov values are changed in prm files. For that go to programs -> BO -> BO ii.5 or ur version -> dataaccess->win32_x86-> based on ur back end select required folder -> search in *.prm files to change the max no lovs.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> You can create All prompt in lovs of reuired object as

>

> do the following steps for all prompt creation.

>

> 1. Go to Object to which the lovs are mapped. -> select object -> properties -> advanced (not sure) -> edit lovs -> then a query panel will display and it will have query like

>

> select distinct(..........) from ......................

>

> change the above query to

>

> select distinct(..........) from ......................

> union

> select 'all' from dual -> dual is temporary table in oracle (you define a temporary table w.r.to database)

>

> 2. In designer go to the object on which prompt is defined.

> i.e.

>

> may be in selecor where clause you might defined prompt as

>

> .............. @prompt('Member Name')

>

> so change that to

>

> .................. .............. @prompt('..Member name')

> or

> 'all' in @prompt('Member name')

>

> 2. For your second requirement the max no lov values are changed in prm files. For that go to programs -> BO -> BO ii.5 or ur version -> dataaccess->win32_x86-> based on ur back end select required folder -> search in *.prm files to change the max no lovs.

>

> Cheers,

> Suresh Aluri.

Hi Suresh

Thank you for the detailed response. I tried your suggestions and neither works.

LOV issue:

Within the Business View manager, i right-click on the LOV object and click "Edit List of Values..." and i get a dialog box that only shows me Available fields, List of Value Fields used, description field, and Referenced objects. Along with buttons for Clear Instance & Refersh Status.

I have read similar posts to what you suggested but never get to the same place as described.

Please advise....

as for _Max Number LOV _

I have researched this as well and found the same suggestion you made. But the PRM file does not have that value, and the file contains all XML code

Now what???

Thanks

Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

what kind of data sources do you fetch your data from?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are accessing an IBM I5 DB2 (AS400) via ODBC

0 Kudos

Hi,

you can build universes based on your database and use them as data sources for your crystal reports.

Adding an "ALL VALUES" entry in an LOV defined in a universe can be easily done. Based on my experience I would recommend you to consider using universes (Business Views are kind of obsolete).

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stratos,

I don't think its possible to create a Universe in the versions i'm using. What are the steps to do this?

Thanks

Mike.

0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

as far as I know universes are supported in CR Server XI R2 SP5. You should use the universe designer (seen as Designer in you client tools installation) in order to create a universe based on a native DB2 connection.

Check the documentation of the universe designer

[http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir2/en/xir2_unv_designer_guide_en.pdf]

Regards,

Stratos

PS: You can try installing the BO Enterprise XI R2 client tools on a separate computer if you are not able to locate the designer in your own installation. Do not forget to upgrade the client tools also up to SP5 before starting to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Mike,

>

> as far as I know universes are supported in CR Server XI R2 SP5. You should use the universe designer (seen as Designer in you client tools installation) in order to create a universe based on a native DB2 connection.

>

> Check the documentation of the universe designer

>

> [http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir2/en/xir2_unv_designer_guide_en.pdf]

>

> Regards,

>

> Stratos

>

> PS: You can try installing the BO Enterprise XI R2 client tools on a separate computer if you are not able to locate the designer in your own installation. Do not forget to upgrade the client tools also up to SP5 before starting to work.

Stratos,

Funny i did look for an install in my CR Server setup, but its not there. Everything is installed except v10 Crystal Ent. Web Dsktp Support.

This is what is installed:

BO Data Source Mig. Wiz

Bus. View Mgr

BO Import Wiz

BO Publishing Wiz

Developer Compnts:

- BO Ent. .NET SDK

- BO Ent. .NET SDK .NET2

- BO Ent. COM SDK

- BO Ent. Java SDK

- BO Ent. Web Srvcs

Where would I find an install for BO Enterprise XI R2 client tools?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

you can download the tools here: [http://service.sap.com/installations]

But take a look first if you find designer.exe in the local installation directory.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> you can download the tools here: [http://service.sap.com/installations]

>

> But take a look first if you find designer.exe in the local installation directory.

>

> Regards,

>

> Stratos

Thanks...

the links requires user & password

I did not find designer.exe anywhere on development PC or Server.