Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal with ABAP UME Source - Get Support button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am looking at using the ABAP data source for the UME.

According to SAP Help, with an ABAP data source:

A password lock occurs when a user attempts to log on and enters the wrong password too many times. You cannot unlock a password lock from the AS Java user management application, like you can when the data source is the database of the AS Java. The back-end AS ABAP does not support this unlock function. Instead you must assign a new initial password to the user. The user can then log on with the new password.

I would like to use the Self-Help functionality so that users can reset their passwords, which usually occurs after they have locked their user account.

My question is:

Does the password reset functionality work in Portal if you are using an ABAP data source, when the user account is locked (as a new initial password would be assigned).

Thanks and kind regards,

David

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you already have the functionality from your previous thread in place ( ) then you could offer the alternative of a service button which resets the user's PWD on the backend and mails it to them.

I.e. setup the SPNEGO module to obtain only the user name on the workstation if the password based authnetication failed, and use that as the basis for the request.

Even if someone does force a different UID into the request, the mail will then go to that someone else. Changing mail ID's in the backend is then more critical of course.. but not less so than changing passwords already is as an admin who then sends them via mail anyway.

However the jump from your previous question (double authentication) to this one is a very long shot...

Cheers,

Julius