cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port created in xi not visible in R/3 (urgent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I am working in idoc->file scenario, for which have creadted port in xi, but while doing communication from R/3 it asks for the port , which i couldn find..

Can anyone suggest something..

also have created po order ,how to voiew corresponding idoc generated..

Thanks

Pratibha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the How to Guide for sample IDoc scenario.

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000071155&;

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prateek have configured port and rfc in R/3 xi...

i have created a purchase order...i got to know that idoc will be generated..

but how to view the idoc generated...

if not then if we use the standard idocs then do we need to give any consideration to the mandatory fileds while creating Data type (Mess typ) in XI..

thanks

i could access the link as not having passwrd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto we02 trnasaction wher u give ur idoc name and u can view the idoc.

No u can map the mandatory fields in the idoc to a constant without values.since the values are mandatory its enough if u map it a constant value.No need to create seperate fields in data type.

regards

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prateek have gone thru the steps of confuguration given by u yesterday but due to some problems couldn get any messages..in sxmb_moni..

also wanted to know that as have imported the standard idoc(orders01) then the data type for the target mess typ created, should hav all the fields that r there in idoc ,also how to find out which one is mandatory field in idoc...

thanks

Pratibha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

<i>>>couldn get any messages..in sxmb_moni..</i>

1- Check transaction WE02 outbound messages, you can see the status of message.

2- if you find message with Status 3 in WE02, then try transaction SM58 in R/3. You will find entry for message with it is problem statement.

3- If no entry found in SM58, then try transaction IDX5 in XI to check adapter/ metadata problems.

Anand More.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

<i>>> should hav all the fields that r there in idoc ,also how to find out which one is mandatory field in idoc...</i>

Not necessary that you pass all fields of IDOC to file. you can pass the required fields to target.

You can find out mandatory fields in IDOC by checking occurance of segment and field. If it is 1-1 or 1-unbound then it is mandatory.

Anand More

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anand..thanks for the such a tip, but there seems some problem with idoc itself...

idoc is not posted correctly..

actually couldn see the idoc itself of the created pur order..

thanks

Pratibha

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Pratibha,

You can test Idoc posting in R/3 with the help of Transaction Code WE19.. Here give the necessary details like control record (Sender Port/Reciever Port )etc..

Check this. Then go to WE02 and check the status.

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

As Moorthy said, you can try txn we19. Transaction itself takes care of all the mandatory fields. And it triggers IDOC sucessfully only when it is populated with correct control segment data.

Anand More

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

on top of namespace in xi there itself you need to configure the Rfc distination so you can import the

idoc if you set proper paramters..

Hope these helps you..

Regd.s

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

XI ports can not be seen in R/3 and vice versa. You can test the RFC destination. Pl check the configuration again for IDocs.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

When you are sending Idocs from SAP R/3, you will need

Recipient port and sender port

Recipient port:Create port in SAP R/3 system(WE21) with RFC destination pointing to SAP XI.

Sender port: Create a port in SAP XI IDX1 with RFC destination pointing to SAP R/ system

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vijaya..

thanks for the reply..

but as sender is R/3 so do we need to configure sender port in R/3 or in XI..

Also can u tell me about idoc confuguration.

thanks

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

Have u gone through this weblog...

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

And also for Idoc configuration go through

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

And also sender port to be created in both systems...

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Port created in XI cannot be seen in r\3.For communication from r\3 to XI port(in transaction we21) and RFC destination has to be created in r\3(in transaction sm59).

regards

jithesh