Sales order stock with Project
We have a scenario where we prepares a project when we receive the inquire for product development. Following are the steps of activities :
1. Create a project & WBS elements with "No project stock" indicator.
2. Prepare the cost planning with ref to Primary Cost Elements & unit costing.
3. Release the budget.
4. Create sales order with reference to WBS element.
5. (Acct. Assignment category is D with special Stock E & consumption P)
6. Carryout MRP run.
7. Convert PR into PO & do Goods Receipt.
8. Consumption of Mat into Production order and GR of Finish product.
Problems : In case of Acct. ***. Cat. D when we do the good receipt against Pur. Order, system updates qty but not the value... cost is directly posted to project. Project actual cost is updated but in case when we want to use the same material available in stock to another project what should be done as there is no inventory value.
The special stock indicator is needed to control the flow of material. Stock must be valuated as sometimes needs to transfer to other order. All the cost needs to be captured against the Project for the comparison against planned cost. we also need to control the budget not only on the released value but also based on the unit costing in cost planning. i.e. material, qty and value has been maintained in cost planning. Purch. Order / Prod. Order value for the particular material should not exceed the details in cost planning.
Kindly advise what is the best possible solution to the requirement.
SAP IS FUN :?)