Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query regarding installation and configuration

former_member771067
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on building a demo scenareo of GRC Access Control 5.3. I have some doubt regarding the installation and configuration of the same. I have already installed Netweaver 7.0 with ABAP +JAVA. and deployed the Access Control 5.3 components in the same. As the Access Control tool will be working on the Java Component. Can I use the ABAP Stack(the R/3 system, here in my case SID is CP1) of the same system as backend of Access Control. In general Scenarios we would be using other R/3 or Non-SAP systems as backend (as the access control system is a stand alone one). But here the case is different. I am being told to connect the same system's ABAP stack as Backend. I am bit confused in this case.

Could anyone please suggest.

Thanks,

Gurugobinda

Edited by: gurugobinda harichandan parida on Sep 23, 2009 4:34 PM

Edited by: gurugobinda harichandan parida on Sep 23, 2009 4:35 PM

Edited by: gurugobinda harichandan parida on Sep 23, 2009 4:36 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurugobinda,

You can use the Backend ABAP instance as the Satellite system for the GRC AC.

I have done that in past on the testing server and it works fine for demos

Cheers !!

Zaheer

former_member771067
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zaher,

Thanks for the reply. I am still in confusion. Are you sure on this. Because both Java and Abap are the two different stacks of the same system(SID). If your answer is yes, So how should I proceed? Should I install the RTA on the ABAP part and give connectivity to the Java stack of the same system. is that ok? please clarify.

Regards,

Gurugobinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, go ahead and install the relevant RTA (NH or HR) on the ABAP side of the same server...

Answers (0)