cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP MDM 5.5 on windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need to install MDM 5.5 SP06 on windows-32 bit server using Oracle Database. I have been through

Master guide and Installation guide but didnt get clear idea about the the exact procedure and

pre-requisites.

I am having SAP Netweaver 2004s SR1 and SR2 installation media list with me but didnt find MDM

component list? Do we need to order this component seperately? Is this a licensed component?

In our landscape we are having Netweaver 2004s installed, if i get MDM component can i add this

component as an ADD-ON?

In our service market place i didnt find MDM component media list when i clicked on Entry by applicationj group --> SAP Netweaver option, is this a customer specific compoenent?

Could you please help me in installing MDM by answering the above questions?

Thanks,

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Panguluri,

> Is this a licensed component?

Yes. If you dont see this component then you dont have license for this to download. Please check with the local sap represenatative for licensing on this.

Once if you get then the installation guide should help you out. As jitesh said install datbase, server and then the gui components console, data manager, import manager, syndicator and any other components if your company needs.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can download MDM from www.service.sap.com/swdc

and follow the path - Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group" SAP NetWeaver" SAP MDM" SAP MDM 5.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDM installable would be visible only if your Suser id has proper authorizations.

In order to install MDM, you need to

1. Install Oracle database and configure it for MDM by refering the steps mentioned in Install guide

2. Install MDM Server

3. Install GUI Clients required like MDM Console, MDM Data Manager, MDM Import Manager, MDM Syndicator etc

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja