cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to configure a sender mail communication channel. I did the SMTP settings in the scot and created the the channel with transport protocal as IMAP4. However i am gettinga error message as :

exception caught during processing mail message; java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

in communication channel monitoring. Have i missed any step related to connect the XI system to the mail server.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

choose configure user authentication and provide correct user and password details.

you can see these details

go to Menu bar in your outlook.Select tools-->email Account->change--logon information

provide the same username and password while configuring the mail adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any system which communicates with XI should be know to XI. Is it like....it has to be declared somewhere or some basis activity required?

Should i get in touch of admin who might connect XI and mail server?

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This error message comes when a wrong SMTP address is provided. Confirm about the smtp address of the mail server and also check with the admin to see if it requires authentication to connect to the server.

Get SAP Basis help in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am tring to connect to my outlook account as of now. For SMTP configuration , i configured the microsoft exchange sever in the SCOT with the help of the BASIS guy.

Can you suggest what else is required . Are we on the right track?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unaware of the steps to be taken to connect XI and the outlook server . Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

SMTP configuration -- http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Sep 23, 2009 1:17 PM

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When XI receives mail, using mail sender adapter, then it is same as any other message for XI. So no additional configuration is required.

When XI sends mail, using mail receiver adapter, u have to provide the smtp server address to be used to send the mail. This smtp server may not be necessarily XI system and usually an external mail server is used. So here also, no additional config is reqd

The SCOT config at XI is required only in case of Alerts, wherein it is purely responsibilty of XI to send mail

Configuring sender mail adapter

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/23/c093409c663228e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the same problem discussed here

thanks

Swarup