Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External monitoring for FileSender polling

stefan_bosshard2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Sometimes we have problems that a few fileSender communication channels do not poll after infrastructure maintenance windows. Channel status is still green and no error/alert is thrown.

That means that files are not processed and we have no chance to recognize it.

My question/requirement:

Is there a chance to monitor the polling status of a fileSender channel? For example through a url like it is possible for jms channels or similar to http://<host>/AdapterFramework/scheduler/scheduler.jsp?

Thank you for any information on this point.

Best regards

Stefan Bosshard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sometimes we have problems that a few fileSender communication channels do not poll after infrastructure maintenance windows. Channel status is still green and no error/alert is thrown.

The same problem we were also facing.We applied SAP Notes 849089 , further we din't get any issue like file polling stopped etc. I suggest you to apply this note.

stefan_bosshard2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ViJaYaNt JhA

we are using PI 7.1 SP 6 so recommended Note does not help.

I also checked Note 821267 but no additional input for our problem.

Thanks anyway

siddhesh_pathak4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can check this in RWB -> Adapter Engine -> Communication Channel monitoring.

Put your FileSender Communication channel name and check if the file has got processed.

This could be the proper solution if i understood your question correctly...:)

stefan_bosshard2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pathak,

you are right but I would like to monitor it automatically during 365 days/24 hours.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if in case the File maintained is not hjaving Read only permission. That affect the sender FTP channel to read the files...even after polling interval.

Thanks

Swarup