cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validity of Pricing condition record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I have one scenario for validity of pricing condtion records.

Discount condition records are being matinained for certain periods (Ex. One month period). It may happen that in one of the period, % maintained is 10% and in the other period it may be 12%. Please check the below example:

Condition type: ZTT1

Validity: 01/08/2009 to 31/08/2009

% record: 10%

Validity: 01/09/2009 to 30/01/2009

% record: 12%

When a sales order is created on 12/08/2009, conditino record for ZTT1 will be 10%. But when I create an invoioce document for the same sale sorder, it is taking the same 10% record, where as it was supposed to take 12%. After saving condition record captured is 10%.

My requirement is, when i am saving invoice document, it has to take updated 12% only.

I checked the pricing type maintained in copy controls from delivery to billing document - Line item detaisl, pricing type is "B"

Request you to please suggest how to map this scenario.

Thanks & regards,

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am not sure, If i understood ur question anyways let me try to give a solution from what i understand,

pricing Date seen at the order level in the overview of the header screen is responsible to fetch the condition records specific to the validity period.

it can be understood that the pricing date is in the first validity range u had mentioned and hence 10 % is populated and as a normal standard practice, the pricing date will flow at the time of invoice creation and hence u will have condition values same.

the scenario u r asking might make a difference in the sale order & the corresponding invoice.

Please clarify on my understanding

Regards

Ilango

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

The Pricing condition types in the Invoice are copied from the sales order and not based on teh delivery. Can you please check the copy control settings from Sales Docuemnt to Billing documnet.

One can maintaine "B" which will carryout new pricing during Invoice; you can also maintian "C" this will keep the manual conditions and redetermine other.

hope this will help you

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen!

Could you check the Pricing Date at Item level in Billing Doc. The record shall be read wrt this date.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Varun,

The condition pricing date in item details of billing document is in the past. Hope, due to this date, value is pcikign for past date. But tell me...this should not happen as there was no condition record as of current date?

And whys is condition pricing date is being comming in line item details....condition type itself..should not appear in invoice item conditions screen.

Any update

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

The problem is with your condition type not with copy control. Goto T code V/06 and check the details screen of your condition type.

Check "Control data 2" tab of that.and check "Pricing date" field. Check what has been maintained there, based on that price will determine in document from VK13.

For you requirement maintain 'C' - billing date in pricing date field.

try and revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yadav,

As per your suggestion, I checked the same in Condition type settings.

In Control Data 2 - Pricing date field - NO entry is maintained i.e "Standard (KOMK-PRSDT; tax and rebate KOMK-FBUDA)"

It seems, pricing date is considered to check the value of condition record.

As you mentioned to maintain "C Billing date (KOMK-FKDAT)", what would be the system response to read condition record. Does it searches for condition record as per the billing date during invoice creation?

Please suggest.

Thanks & regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Yes, Based on the setting of pricing date system will fetch value from condition records.

Maintain "C Billing date (KOMK-FKDAT)", and the system will response to read condition record, it searches for condition record as per the billing date during invoice creation.

And as you have already maintained 'B' in pricing type at copy control above settings will work for your requirement.

try once, test and revert