cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed steps and estimated time lines to Implement IDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need detailed steps and estimated time lines to Implement IDM.

Installation and configuration guides are available in SAP portal, but I want some reply from some one who actually installed and recorded the major steps and time required for IDM installation and configurartion

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have never worked with IdM before, then setting up connections to target systems and doing your own customizations to tasks, jobs etc. might not be that straightforward! Even if you use everything straight out of the box, one week is no where near enough, if you include functional tests etc.

Kind regards

Heidi Kronvold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi,

I justed wanted to express that you cannot answer this question without any further details. You are right about the 10 days thing!

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

it's not easy to answer your question in general. You can do the installation and a basic configuration in one week, but you can also write a blueprint for at least 10 days.

The general steps I would recommend:

- blueprint

- installation

- exporting HR data

- connecting target systems

- performing initial load

- implementing custom workflows / delegation if needed

- implementing other jobs like reconciliation

- testing

I hope this helps you a bit estimating your efforts. Configuring the connection to target systems is not this big, cause you have a lot of standard connectors and JDBC/ODBC. If you need custom implementations of workflows or something like delegation this can be time consuming, but it depends from your requirements.

Regards,

Martin