cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP problem - FTPEx: No such file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a file adapter that has been working "normally" for some time. However recently I have discovered some errors with it. The polling of files stops and I get the following error message:

Error: Processing interrupted due to error: FTPEx: No such file.

When I log into the ftp site using another tool like WS_FTP I can see a lot of files in the directory. If I do a rename to the first file in the directory then the polling of files will start again and work normally.

It's a rather strange behavior since the adapter then can work as normal for a week or more before the problem happens again.

If you know anything about why this might occur and how to solve it, please respond.

Thanks,

Per

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies!

The problem has happened with both Per File Transfer and Permanently so I don't think the problem lays there.

About using . (star dot star). There are two different file types in the folder, and they are picked with their own adapter. The problem only happens with one of the adapters and not the other. Today I pick them up like this:

CAL*

DAL*

It's always CAL that goes wrong. I could change it to CAL. if you think that would make a difference. I have also looked at the note mention and will add the timeout to it.

Edited by: Per Rune Weimoth on Sep 23, 2009 12:01 PM

Edited by: Per Rune Weimoth on Sep 23, 2009 12:01 PM

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use "star dot star"

to pick the file from folder.

Then all the files will be picked.

Pls refer SAP Notes 849089 also.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos