cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DGE5 (DG Filling from Spec. Management)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know what is the purpose and function on transaction code DGE5 (DG Filling from Spec. Management).?

thanks

Karen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We maintain DG relevant data in Specification workbench (Real substance, DG Class, UN etc) Material Master

By Using DG Filling functionality system tranfers the data from Specification ( SAP EHS) and Material master (SAP MM) into a centralized table (DG Master) which resides in Logistics. System uses this DG Master to check the DG (MT, MIH etc) and creates incompletion document and blocks the shipment.

if you dont carry out DG filling, automatic tranfer of data from Specificaiton and MM will not be carrie dout and you need to maintain DG Master Manually.

Thanks

Jayakumar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

Is there any way to mass delete TREM No data in Substance Rating tab in DG master.That data seems to be obsolute.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the answer,

I have quick question for the DG again.

If I have recognized certain materials are considered to be a dangerous goods, does the following steps are deemed compulsory?

1 - indicating a dangerous goods profile in the material master basic view 2

2 - have to create this material as dangerous goods as DG record using DGP1 or using DGE5 (i.e. Filling)?

if I don't execute the second steps, my DG will not function?

THanks

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

These two steps are Mandatory steps.

If you do not create DG Master either Manually (DGP1) or Automatically using filling function (DGE5) you can not work with DG. Step second is Master Data preparation.

Thanks

Jayakumar

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Karen,

Within the specification workbench in the EH&S - Basic Data and Tools component, we can classify materials and assign them to an identification number (UN, ID, or NA number) and the corresponding legal data according to the dangerous goods regulation.

Dangerous goods information that refers to regulations, such as identification number (for example, UN number), dangerous goods description (for example, proper shipping name), dangerous goods class, hazard item number, and packaging information, by assigning this information to a UN-listed substance etc.

Using the filling process we can transfer the dangerous goods basic data that created and edited in specification management to the dangerous goods master within an SAP system. We can then transport this data using the distribution process to other SAP systems also.

Regards,

Niraj Sikligar