cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM support pack queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Support,

I have CRM 2005 in my landscape.It has the following patch level.

for ABAP stack it is at Stack 8

for JAVA stak it is at Stack 4.

And we are going for both (ABAP and JAVA) to STACK 15 which is latest.

I have the following query

1.) Can i directlly upgrade the JAVA stack from 4 to 15. Since i guess the present stack is too low.

Will we face any issue in doing so. What is the general practise?.

2.) For the ABAP stack , can i put the whole stack from 9 to 15 in the queue at a time or do one stack at a time.

Example

first upgrade it to 9 then 10 and so on

or directly in one queue to 15, so that we can have only one SPDD and SPAU.

3.) what is the main SNOTE for the CRM support pack.

4.) What all pre-requisite are ther perticulary for the CRM support packs.

Regards

Anthony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the Java support pack you can go dirctoly from Sp04 to sp15 because it is not depenednt on the suport pack of lower version.

It may be that you may get some error due to some Dependency like i remember about the patch CAF Sp12 of this patch will not get deployed if you have lower version than 9.you can find the ap note when you get the error.There is no such depedency for the Java patch.

For the abap patch i shall suggest that you need to go Component wise to avoid error.

Note 822379 - Known problems with Support Packages in SAP NW 7.0x AS ABAP

Please check you follow the rule of the latest Pstch -1 while you apply the patches.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi Abrol,

Thanks for the detail explanation. I did the update and while doing i got the error for CAF, for which i got the SNOTE 1010640,

The SAP Note said that we need to undeploy sap.com/cafUIservicebrowser.

So its done in development

I have one more query. for doing the QA system

Can i first upgrade the JAVA stack and then go for the ABAP in the Quality and production.

Is there any dependancy of the ABAP for the JAVA patching.

Regards

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow what you did in development system, as you know the problems you have faced, follow the the patch sequence you did development system.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Dont apply support packs in one shot till latest.Always go with latest -1 & also apply till SP12 first & then define the queue for next level of SPs.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mohit ,

Thanks for the reply ..

Yes , i will try convicing the client for going to latest -1 patches.

Now you have suggest that we must go for the ABAP to first SP12 and then to the latest -1.

I have the following query regarding this.

1.) How should i go to SP12 stack.

a.) by directly adding all the stacks till 12 in one go. (that is starting the queue from stack 8 to 12 ).

b.) going one stack at a time (i.e first will bring it to stack 9 then 10 then 11 and then 12)

c.) going component wise ( eg , first the BASIS till 12 , then the ABAP , then BW and so on.)

Regards

Anthony