cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending IDoc from external system to XI system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to send an IDoc from a subsytem (External System) to the SAP PI system. how to achieve the same ?

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

exactly the same steps as for any other IDOC - IDOC scenario

the only difference is that in IDX1 you should put a link to a real ERP system

and not this third party (so idoc metadata can be downloaded)

I did it and it works just like any other IDOC scenario

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Can you please explain the same what you explained in your reply in a bit broader manner ?

Do you mean to say the port I am creating for the external system should actually refer to a SAP system and the IDoc you want to transmit should be imported to that port using the tcode IDX2. In fact I have already done the same step but its still not working the IDoc is not reaching the XI system.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the suggestions given by Bhavesh in below forum. I hope, Its one n the same as Michal wish to explain.

Thanks

Swarup

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>Do you mean to say the port I am creating for the external system should actually refer to a SAP system

not the port - port's name should be a new one but the RFC should point to an SAP system

>>>and the IDoc you want to transmit should be imported to that port using the tcode IDX2.

this will be transported then from SAP application system

>>>>In fact I have already done the same step but its still not working the IDoc is not reaching the XI system.

then you should see the error in your sending tool - I worked with JCO IDOC client and the error was always

very explanatory (like BS in SLD missing etc.) so it was pretty easy to debug

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk