Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Exception condition "WRITE_FAILED" raised during installation 4.0

dear experts

I tried to install solution manager 4.0 on windows server 2003 with MSSQL.

I got this error message.

• ERROR file opened at 20060516 180712 AUS Eastern St, SAP-REL 700,0,47 RFC-VER 3 814520 MT-SL

T:1784 ======> Exception condition "WRITE_FAILED" raised.

T:1784 <* RfcReceive [2] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION

T:1784 <* RfcCallReceive [2] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION

• ERROR file opened at 20060516 181232 AUS Eastern St, SAP-REL 700,0,47 RFC-VER 3 814520 MT-SL

T:956 ======> Exception condition "WRITE_FAILED" raised.

T:956 <* RfcReceive [1] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION

T:956 <* RfcCallReceive [1] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION

• ERROR file opened at 20060516 181744 AUS Eastern St, SAP-REL 700,0,47 RFC-VER 3 814520 MT-SL

T:956 ======> Exception condition "WRITE_FAILED" raised.

T:956 <* RfcReceive [2] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION

T:956 <* RfcCallReceive [2] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION

-

from dev_rfc.trc----

I linked some screenshot.

http://itedu24.net/solman4.0installation_error20060516.doc

Do you have any idea what i need to do ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

david

replied

From your attached file I understood that report RADDBIF failed.

Cause:

In these steps, ABAP reports (RSWBOINS or RADDBDIF) are executed for the first time after the first start of your SAP system. Errors can occur for different reasons, for example because the SAP system was not correctly started or is not correctly configured. However, the complete execution of the report is very important because otherwise errors.

Solution:

First use the Management Console (or SAP Service Manager) to check whether the SAP system is running correctly. If not, check the points that are described under DBR3START_NT_IND.

Then, as a test, log onto your system with a SAPGUI and check whether Reports RSWBOINS and RADDBDIF can be executed manually in Transaction SE38.

If manual execution of Report "RADDBDIF" in Transaction SE38 leads to a short dump "WRITE_FAILED", the alias "SAPTRANSHOST" was probably not found or there were problems when writing into the transport directory.

During the installation, if you enter the local computer for the requestfor the SAP Tranport Host, this is used correctly. However, if you enter another host name, it must also be accessible under the alias "SAPTRANSHOST"; otherwise, R/3 will not function correctly and the termination mentioned above occurs.

Enter this alias in your DNS server or add the following line to your \winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file (or modify an existing line accordingly):

"<IP number of transport host> <Name of transp.host> SAPTRANSHOST"

Check whether the change was successful, for example with

"dir
SAPTRANSHOST\sapmnt\trans". Check also that the user SAPService<SID> of your system has write authorizations on the transport directory.

Then restart R/3 and the Service SAP<SID>_ and continue the installation.

Also go through OSS note 162266

Thanks

Prince Jose

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question