cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested end date must be later than requested start date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting an error after the creating the support ticket as "Requested end date must be later than requested start date".

Please advise the solution.

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar.R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you made any changes to the Date in the Support Msg? Also Check the Date Profile of the Txn Type.

Thx,

Waseem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Earlier, I have assigned Date rule "TODAY" to Date Type "SRV_CUST_BEG" and now I changed to Date Rule "TODAYTIME".

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

wats the Date Rule for SRV_CUST_END? Is been assigned with TODAYTIME ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not entered any date rule for srv_cust_end as my requirement is to fill this date manually.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is you srv_cust_end is empty? If so, assign a Date profile to it which is greater than the srv_cust_beg.

"SRV0002 - Start + 3 Days" will suffice.

Hope it solves.

Thx,

Waseem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waseem,

But my requirement is that I don't need any date rule that needs to be assigned to srv_cust_end because this field will be filled by the user/consultant manually.

Also I have entered the date manually in which is greater that start date but still it is showing the error.

What could be the possible reason.

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

This error is because of the lesser value for srv_cust_end since it was left blank. As a result srv_cust_beg will be of greater than this and pops an error.

If you want to remove this error, assign the same date profile for srv_cust_end (TODAY or TODAYTIME) and later on it can be changed by Consultants/Users manually.

Hope it solves now.

Thx,

Waseem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waseem,

But i have copied both srv_cust_beg and srv_cust_end to some z and assigned this to z transaction type and when i created a ticket using this it is not showing any error.

Why it is showing in SLFN alone. Is there any specific reason?

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

does that Z for srv_cust_end is blank?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is blank

0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

If you look for this message in DEBUG, youu2019ll find, that it is raised in functional module CRM_DATES_SERVICE_IR. That FM is called if your date type equals to constants GC_APPOINTMENT_TYPE-SRV_CUST_BEG (SRV_CUST_BEG) or GC_APPOINTMENT_TYPE-SRV_CUST_END (SRV_CUST_END).

So, I can say that itu2019s some kind of standard check inside CRM core, and you canu2019t turn it off.

And the workaround variants are listed earlier:

- You can fill the date SRV_CUST_END with some rule as Mohammed has suggested (even with dumb ISM_INFINITE which will put 31.12.9999 and it will be obvious that user didnu2019t change it)

- You can move to Z* date types, like you said, and checku2019s wonu2019t run

- And finally, you can try to delete this error message using BADI method CRM_APPT_CHECK_DEPENDENCIES, CRM_APPOINTMENT_BADI (as I remember it runs after this standard check). But I wouldnu2019t recommend doing it, because CRM_DATES_SERVICE_IR could be called not only in this moment and errors could appear in random placesu2026

Best Regards,

Vadim Shmarin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have solved it by myself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

were are you able to figure out the issue? I'm getting the same issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I am also getting same error while I create a new service request. I have assigned the date rule for both start date and end date. Request start date is today's date and end date is today's date+3 days. I can see the dates on screen(Start date 06/11/2010 and end date (09/11/2010), but still when I save I am getting Requested end date must be later than requested start date. Please let me know am I missing something here.

Regards,

Reddy

former_member190736
Participant
0 Kudos

What do you did to solved the problem?  I have the same problem...