Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNAP_NO_NEW_ENTRY

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

We got the above error.

We tried ST22 --> Go to --> Reorganise, but still SNAP_NO_NEW_ENTRY error.

We would like to perform db13 online backup and redo log, but fail.

Pls help.

regards,

zl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We got the above error.

> We tried ST22 --> Go to --> Reorganise, but still SNAP_NO_NEW_ENTRY error.

If you don't need the dumps any more use transaction ST14, enter SNAP as table name, select "delete data" and press on "activate and adjust".

This will drop and recreate the table so it's empty.

Schedule the housekeeping jobs by executing SM36 - Default Job to make sure your tables are reorganized frequently.

Markus

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

I´m faccing with the same short dump, besides that dump isn´t maintained in st22, I believe because that table is the table like you said is where short dumps are all deposit! Isn´t it ?

So, I believe that are some ways to solve and for the future to prevent this warning isn´t it? But which ones I don´t know, I think one way is doing a backup to this table (if we want to save the short dumps).

And other solution for prevent this error?... I hear there are a Job that erase, at schedule period, all short dumps and make other actions...! Can you clarify me better what´s this?

And if there are other solutions I´m in here to learn with you and with your kindness advices!

Thanks

João Dimas - Portugal

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´m faccing with the same short dump, besides that dump isn´t maintained in st22,

So you get a dump or your get no dump? If you get a dump then it's also visible in ST22.

And other solution for prevent this error?... I hear there are a Job that erase, at schedule period, all short dumps and make other actions...! Can you clarify me better what´s this?

Yes - as I said above - execute transaction SM36 and schedule the "Default jobs".

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Que tal:

Este problema puede ser causado porque el LOG de la base de datos del sistema no tiene mas espacio para poder crecer...

Consulte con sus BASIS para que revise y realice las acciones necesarias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Just to update on this issue. Further check, we found out that the error is caused by one of the files went offline. We recover the file and set it online. The error has been resolved.

Thank you.

regards,

zl