Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see othersSAP INBOX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam Using the FM : SWL_SUBSTITUTION_DEFINE, by using this iam assigning my userid as substitute to others inbox.

What is next step, to view the Others SAP inbox.

IS there any Transaction code or Function Module to see others inbox

Can any one help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,

N.L.Narayana

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi N.L.,

I suggest you use function SAP_WAPI_SUBSTITUTE_MAINTAIN instead of SWL_SUBSTITUTION_DEFINE if you need to maintain the substitutes programmatically (btw why can't you use Business Workplace / UWL to define it?), it's a 'workflow bapi' and thus more stable during upgrades.

After you have defined the substitute, you need to activate it, too. The function for this is SAP_WAPI_SUBSTITUTE_ACTIVATE. After this you will see the substitutors work items in your own inbox.

If you just need to see the work items of another person, you can use transaction SWI5.

Hope this helps,

Mikko

ps. Please post future workflow-related questions to the business process management forum to get more replies

0 Kudos

Hi Mikko,

I tried using the steps what you have given, but iam unable to view others inbox.

My substituted id is HRMAST

My substitue id is ABAP5

profile as ALL

can you help me out on this.

Regards,

N.L

0 Kudos

Ok, first have you tried setting the substitution manually and see if it works that way (ABAP5 substitutes HRMAST)? Were you able to use the report SWI5?

Which system version are you on by the way?

-Mikko

0 Kudos

Iam able to see the report using SWI5. Thanks for this

we are using 4.6C.

can you send the steps how to see the others inbox using functionmodule.

Regards,

Kiran I

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran I,

have a look at function SAP_WAPI_CREATE_WORKLIST. You need to enter the user ID as the import param and the work items are visible in table worklist.

Hope this helps,

Mikko