cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queues problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sometimes I found in RWB messages with "to be delivered" status.

In this case I enter to the URL:

http://xi-prd:50000/MessagingSystem/monitor/systemStatus.jspAnd

In system Info --> store Info I found these messages in memory cache

My questions are:

1. Way this messages stack?

2. How can I release these messages?

3. How I can avoid from this problem?

Thank you

Elad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some failed messages with QoS exactly once In oreder may stuck up in queue. That result in bottle-neck for the queue and the subsequent messages stuck up with "to be delivered" status.

You need to remove the blockage of queue and that will start flow of messages again.

Refer below blog to handle this situation

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework

Thanks

Swarup

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Some failed messages with QoS exactly once In oreder may stuck up in queue. That result in bottle-neck for the queue and 
the subsequent messages stuck up with "to be delivered" status.

If not wrong EOIO makes the message status to Holding....to be delivered does not depend on the QoS...if not wrong it can happen for EO/ EOIO...

My take on this would be check for the first message stuck in the Queue.....check the availability of the end system when sending the message...also the connection parameters....something wrong in these may have stopped the message from delivering to the target.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for you answers

I want to dwell on this issue.

I want to understand where I can set the queue size and what SAP recommendation in the issue is.

I want to understand way if the messages with "To be delivered" status is RFC I need to restart the server to release them

(Not have any other way to do this)?

And if the messages with "To be delivered" status is File they release without any intervention?

Thank you

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes....Abhishek you are correct. this can happen with both EOIO/EO QoS.

The To be Delivered status indicates that the message will be triggered once the blockage in queue will be cleared.

As per SAP note 813993 , TO_BE_DELIVERED occurs while the message is put into the AE receive queue.

So clear the queue will solve the problem. Also refer SAP Note: 994433 to fix this kind of issue.

Thanks

Swarup

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot delete a message in Delivering state.

To resolve this issue, if it is persistent, restart the AF Messaging Service in the Visual Admin and then this message should be delivered to the IE.

Additional information:

To prevent one C.C. blocking other channels then see the notes :

#1136790 Blocking receiver channel may affect the whole adapter type

#1136474 XI 3.0/7.0: Setting Timeout for acquiring DB/FTP resources

To ensure that there are adequate consumer threads available then check if all the available File Receiver consumer threads are being used when messages stay in the u2018Deliveringu2019 or 'To Be Delivered' states

e.g.,

RWB -> Component Monitoring u2013 AE u2013 Engine status -> Additional Data

OR

http://<host>:<port>/MessagingSystem/monitor/systemStatus.jsp

OR

http://<host>:<port>/mdt/Systatus

If yes then increase adapter queue consumer thread allocation - refer to the SDN blog

/people/kenny.scott/blog/2007/08/20/messaging-system-queue-properties-after-xi-30-sp19-xi-70sp11

-Faria

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Msgs stuck due to the irrelevent QOS ( EO, BE, EOIO) , Cache memory problems, blocked msgs in case of EOIO etc.,

2. U can use SMQ1, SMQ2, SXI_CACHE , SXMB_MONI to release them in general. Otherwise in SXMB_MONI clk on QID for the blocked msg and say release from that Q-ID

3. To avoid these problems u have to take of the point 1 paramaetrs to be utilized properly;

Cheers,

Deva

Former Member
0 Kudos