cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Adobe Forms Editable Field Info to be captured in the program.

former_member212816
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario, where we have an Adobe PDF being generated with editable input fields in the address section of the form. The users will be able to edit the address fields in this PDF. Once the users edit the address, the new address entered by the user need to be captured in the program for further processing like sending an email, etc.

However, in the program whenever the control returns back from the Adobe PDF, the importing parameter i.e.

/1bcdwb/formoutput = wa_fmoutput, returned by the Adobe function module, does not have the edited (entered by the user) address data, it contains the old address data.

Could you please suggest, how to capture the data edited by the user on the Adobe form in the program?

Thanks,

Manohar Dubbaka.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try reading the fields of the pdf..

like..

lo_node = lo_document->find_from_name( name = 'ADDRESS').   " name of ur address/street field
 wa_address = lo_node->get_value( ).

Similarly for street field, pincode field, etc..

Regards,

*Surya*

former_member212816
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We weren't succesfull in directly reading the data from the editable field of the Adobe PDF, however we were able to modify the XML string of the PDF document. We got the XML string of the adobe pdf document by setting the parameter getxml = "X" in the function module FP_JOB_OPEN.

Once we got the XML string, parsed the same using the function module "SMUM_XML_PARSE". Read the required field from the xml string using

READ TABLE lt_xml_data ASSIGNING <lfs_xmldata_flag>
                      WITH KEY cname = 'field_name'.

Got the required field data and modified the same.

If anyone has got the approach to read the editable fields directly from the adobe PDF editable fields, feel free to update this thread.

Thanks,

Manohar Dubbaka.

VG_3
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Maohar,

If you get set the getxml = X in FP_JOB_OPEN then the Adobe Interactive Form is not displayed (even if you set the preview = X) and so I am not sure how you are able to display the form so the user could change the address fields in the form.

Thanks for your help.

Venkat

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Offline scenario tutorial (data there and back): http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c2567f2b-0b01-0010-b7b5-977cbf806...

Online/ ABAP WD scenario tutorial (data there): /people/bhawanidutt.dabral/blog/2007/11/15/how-to133-integrate-adobe-form-on-webdynpro-for-abap-and-deploy-it-on-portal

Online/ ABAP WD scenario tutorial (data back): /people/shruti.rathour/blog/2008/02/07/uploading-sap-interactive-form-on-the-abap-webdynpro-view

Hope that helps, regards Otto

VG_3
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Thanks for your response. I know that setting getxml will work for offline scenario. I have an Adobe Interactive Form that is called from ABAP (Not Web Dynpro) and we are trying to retrieve the entered data from the form. Manohar was not clear about whether his scenario is Offline or not. What I have concluded is from ABAP , you cannot retrieve the changed data - it is possible only with Offline or Web Dynpro (Java/ABAP). If the getxml is set to X then the user is not presented the form for Preview and hence cannot change the data.

Thanks

Venkat

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manohar, I wonder why the thread is closed but no result/ experience is presented (and few other formal details)... Maybe you can fix it for us so we will consider helping you the next time...

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thread moved...

Thanks Vinod!

rvinod1982
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

Please post your query in appropriate forum SAP NetWeaver -> SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe.