cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i reload a single invoice from an archive file to modify it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a few fi documents marked as business complete by mistake and they were archived a while ago, Is it possible to reload those invoices into the database so that i can modify them and then re-archive at a later date?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

SAP provides a program to reload archived Financial accounting documents. Have a look at the following documentation under FI_DOCUMNT -> Reloading an Archive File.

Link:[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/29/b6963457889b37e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm]

But please note that it is highly not recommended to reload archived data back into database; more so when the archive was done a while ago. It may lead to inconsistencies in the database.

So please check whether there are any workarounds possible instead of reloading the archived data.

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveen,

I do know what is highly not recommended and what SAP says. I was hoping to see if anyone out there created one of those workarounds you mentioned. Apparantly there are quite a lot of these issues here. When someone defaults on a loan and it appears that they will never collect, they close the loan and then data archive it. sometime in the future if they may actually get paid for that loan and need to retrieve, re-open that loan account and complete it as paid. It does not sound like a very solid business process, but thats what they do.

Anyone know how to accomplish this?

thanks,

Bob