cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Block Numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am facing an issue with deletion of the block numbers suddenly. I do not know which scenario this happens. But i can tell this, after running the report /SAPAPO/MC01_DB_INCONSISTENT, I could see some discrepancy in table /SAPAPO/TMC01TB missing some entries.

I want to know if anybody faced similar issue and and the scenarios in which table /SAPAPO/TMC01TB shows missing entries.

Kedar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

As specified by you, that also may cause this inconsistency.

But identifying the exact reason for inconsistency is rather

difficult.

I would suggest you can carry out om17 report and check

whether are you able to get back the block numbers.

Check the sap notes 657101 & 795223 as well

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

Thanks for your help. I see that the note 723982 should help me out on this problem.

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

In general we can create and edit blocks only in APO system.

Whereas other data like classes/characteristics, resource,

work center capacity normally we derive from R/3 or

external systems.

The error which you are facing is just inconsistent entries

developed in system.

I would suggest if the report is taking care of your

inconsistent issues, then you can define this job in

background and keep running it periodically.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

Thanks for the reply.

The block numbers are lost. This happens when i see some missing entries in the table /SAPAPO/TMC01TB.

What would happen when i say Repair Inconsistencies? Would it retrieve the lost block numbers or would it just make the relevant entries to the table /SAPAPO/TMC0TB? If latter is the case, how and where would it get the lost block numbers from? Since there is no source, it might make an entry but would not retrieve the lost block numbers.

So what i want to say is, is there a method to retrieve the lost block numbers? I think these reports wont get back the lost block numbers. In that case i want to avoid this scenario itself by finding the root cause on what causes it.

Do you know why this might happen?

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

Another clue is this happens when the user is making some changes to blocks in enhanced block maintainence.

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

1) Run report /SAPAPO/MC01_BLOCK_DUPL_CHECK and check any

duplicate entries exists.

2) Check all required values are available in table /SAPAPO/TMC01TB

If not, try manually creating some values, save and then retry deletion

of block numbers

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

Thanks for the reply. I ran that report as well to check the duplicates. One question is in what scenarios does this happen? And another question is what to do when we get this problem? So as of now i have these two reports -

/SAPAPO/MC01_DB_INCONSISTENT

/SAPAPO/MC01_BLOCK_DUPL_CHECK

When i was having the error of block numbers getting deleted, i had issue with missing entries in /SAPAPO/TMC01TB. However the report did not give me any IDs that were missing in this table. So if i click on repair inconsistencies, would it really repair it.

And again in what scenarios would it happen that we would have missing enries in the table /SAPAPO/TMC01TB?

Kedar