cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform prints out Black boxes instead of Shade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have developed some smartforms which have some boxes that are shaded with grey color for heading.

They work fine for some existing printers. But when i issue a print out on a new printer i

see that the shaded boxes are displayed as solid black boxes on the print out.

I also tried to print it in color but invain. Even the LOGO also got blacked out.

Can any one suggest me what to do.

Is it with my smartform or printer settings. Please advice.

Thanks

Dany

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dan,

For my understanding, your problem looks to be related to Printer settings as it worked fine for the printer to tested with initially.You may try to adjust the Shading saturation in the Text element - > Output option -> Shading -> Saturation.

Let us know if it works. If it doesnt, we need to alter the printer settings.

Cheers,

Varna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thannks for the replies . I forgot to tell you that i had also tried with the shading and saturation. I am using Template and Tables.

I am selcting a cell and seleting the black color and adjjusting the saturation to 15 - 20%.

It is solving the problem but the greyish background is showing some pixels/dots.

Peri - Its a hi-fi printer from Konica 1050 . I checked in Color & Black n whites mode.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Dan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a kind of same issue.

Output device: TOSHIBA 6550C

Access method: C

Device Type used: TT6DI11

Please make sure that for printing a smart form correctly the setting 'color printer' is checked in SPAD in the 'output device' settings in the tab  'Output attributes' settings. Use this checkbox also on black and white printers.

If your printer driver has an option to suppress color printing please adjust the settings as follows, if you want the output in grayscale only:

Rgds,

Huub Hellings

Former Member
0 Kudos

changed the printer al together

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the print preview fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Kartik - the print preview is fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't know if u can't find out a solution.

All device output (printers) having the same divice type have the same behavior, i.e. printers having a different device type can give a different output, so if u'll correct the problem for a certain group of printers u could have a new problem for other group.

I think the best soltion is to use the printer used to test the smartforms

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the new printer is a color printer or not and if so then the printer configuration for the colors.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1) Check the Shading Saturation 0 % 2) Print some documents on that Printer and check whether it is really a printer issue or not

surya