cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching notes or comments to a DIR in EasyDMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where users want to attach notes or comments to a DIR. I know this can be done in SAPGUI using either long text or creating a note attachment. However, we are using EasyDMS and these functions are not available.

I've considered having characteristics but these are limited to 30 chars. I have thought about have multiple characteristics, i.e. Note 1, Note 2... and so on, but this solution is rather crude. Another option is having the user attach a text file as an additional file, but this solution is not that user friendly.

Wondering if anybody has any better ideas? Or if there is a way to store more than 30 chars in a characteristic?

Thanks,

Lashan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could not find an acceptable way to do this, so I am closing this thread. However, feel free to post here if anybody can think of something.

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

One way to achieve this is to add a custom property sheet plugin to the SAP Properties dialog as a property page. Then add a rich text box for user to add notes in that property page. Add a button to commit save of notes. on click of the button,call an RFC to your ABAP function module and transfer data to backend.Save the data to backend.

Also Make sure that you retrieve the notes while reopening the SAP Properties. You may add another ABAP function module and read transfer data to backend and then display in in your custom plug in property sheet dialog.

To see how to create property sheet plugin and make an RFC call in that see wiki http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/fwbEB

Hope this helps.

Jomerce