cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical components for ERP and ERP EnhP 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a landscape or ECC 6.0 Systems created in the SMSY. Those systems were linked to a new logical component Z_ERP60 under product ERP 6.0. Then we used that logical component in all the projects.

Later on, we upgrade ECC 6.0 to EnhP 3. So, we went to the SMSY transaction, to the infrastructure components--systems and add new product versions to the existent system.

However, the logical component is defined as valid only for the original product ERP 6.0, and not to the new ERP 6.0 EhP3. When we go to SOLAR01 transaction we still see that processes from BPR that belongs to EhP3 are greyed.

We want to know which is the best practice to handle this request, whether we create a new logical component associated to the product ehp3, Z_ERP60_EHP and then replace all the projects with the new component, or is there any other alternative.

I appreciate your inputs.

Regards

Esteban Hartzstein

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Esteban

upload the attachment from #1119150 via RS_SMSY_PPMS_XML_UP_DOWNLOAD

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your answer. The attachment is related to whether ERP EhP is available as a product in Solution Manager. We are in SolMan EhP1 (SP 18), so we already have the product available. However my concern is that we need to redefine the logical component. Logical component belongs to one single product, being ERP 6.0 or ERP 6.0 EhP. So, in our case we need to create a new logical component with the new ERP 6.0 EhP and then re-atach all the individual systems to the new logical compoent. Then we need to replace in all the projects withe the new logical component. Is there any alternative to deal with this problem of redefintion of logical components??

Regards

ESteban Hartzstein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I got your point.

did you checked the attachment of #1322259?

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, you confirm what I was suspicious!!!. We need to create a new logical component.

Regards

Esteban

Answers (0)