cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display medium text in value selection screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

i have an infoObject called Customer in an ODS.Its master data contains the short text, medium length text and long text.i want to display its medium text(which contains First name n last name) in the value selection screen (F4) while executing the web report.

It is an urgent requirement.

Please help.

I promise to return and reward lots of points

Thankyou soo much

Regards,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe this could help..

in BEx tab of customer infoobject(goto change screen for this infoobject),

is text type set to 'medium length text' and BEx description to 'Long Description'?

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishvesh,

Thanks for ur quick reply.

i have set those properties but it is still not working.

Arun,

are u trying to say that i can show Long text but not medium text ??whr did u change the description to long text and key?

Do Reply,

I will award points ..

Thankyou soo much

Priya

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We did try the same setting but it did not seem to work ... So we changed the existing programs in BW to load the data into Long Text instead.

We were on BW3.0B and on a very old SP , could not update SP in time and 'Decided' that this was because of the SP levels and went ahead!!!

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

i am not even able to display Long Text in the Value selection screen.

it is only displaying short text with Key.

Even , i am working on BW3.0

Tell me, how did u do it. The long text of my infoObject Customer contains the full name. I can use that as well but i am not clear how to use it.

Thankyou soo Much.

I've rewarded u points.

Regards

P.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Priya,

We had the same issue some time ago and the Selection box could not be made to show Medium Text , instead , we changed the descriptions into the Long Text and Key and displayed the same , I am not sure if this is a bug with WAD , but we could not show Medium Text.

Arun

Assigning points is a way of saying thank you on SDN