cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Kernel, ABA and Basis Only in a ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

We're running an ECC 6.0 and we only want to upgrade the Kernel version to 221 and the ABA and Basis to level 20.

I have reading a quite documents, just to be sure that I can do this. And I didn't find anything that tell me that i can't.

Just to be sure, has anyone done this??

I can be sure that this could be done without almost any problem??

Regards to all.

Bernardo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can apply whatever support packages you want as long as you test the import and do non regression tests on a test bed system which is a recent copy of your production system.

Applying full stacks is supposed to give you less problems.

For your information we alaready had functionnal problems after applying technical support packages...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can upgrade the kernel without any problem and also you can upgrade basis and ABA.

But once you upgrade basis and aba, there is chances of error in another components. So i recommend to upgrade all the components.

Thanks & Regards,

Vidyadhar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So I can make that upgrade without upgrading the level of any other components, i.e. APPLS???I only want to upgrade the basis, aba y kernel. WITHOUT upgrading anythig else

Yes you can but until you dont have any dependancy to those patches which you are applying.SAP always recommand to upgrade the SP stack rather than single support pack

Regards

Uday

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have upgraded the system upto 19 and there is some DDIC activation error in SAPKB70019, in which you have to delete some table from the system, you can check some threads about that problem into SDN. except this error there is not any other problem and Kernel 201 we have tested and its working fine till now.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I can make that upgrade without upgrading the level of any other components, i.e. APPLS???

I only want to upgrade the basis, aba y kernel. WITHOUT upgrading anythig else.