cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple type enumeration access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

while creating a data dictionary type, you can define an enumeration with keys and description texts. Additionally you can let the WD generator to create the class representation for this enumeration. So you can use it in your code.

The generated enumeration only provides the key constant value (enum.getName()) but doesn't bring the description text. Is there any "official way" to read it in code providing certain locale?

I know, you can create a context attribute of this simple type and go for the following expression:

wdContext.nodeTableLine().getNodeInfo().getAttribute("attr").getSimpleType().getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet()

but I can't imagine the WD doesn't provide any context independent way for this simple operation.

Regards

Dimitri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I donu2019t want to populate the list of the enumeration. The list is defined at design time. I just want to read key descriptions of the enumeration programmatically and I donu2019t want to use the context for that.

To your comment: if you use an input field with an enumerated data dictionary type, only the key of the enumeration will be shown in the field.

Regards

Dimitri

former_member305573
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not able to understand your requirement.

Whatever i understand from your question is that You want to populate the simple type value+Description of enumeration

and you wnt to acheive it through coding only.

Is it your requirement?

Please confirm then i will try to answer your question.

Becoz value+Description you can show with help of input field also.