cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Pick up in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on a File to File scenario in PI 7.1 Version, Sender is FIT (ECC) server and Receiver is File server, when I completed the scenario file was picking up normally

howevere there was an issue with the FTP Server (down for one day) and network team brought it up to normal, since that time XI is not picking up the file

We need to restart the XI server to function normal i.e to process the file from FIT to File server

Is there any other alternative way to reset the XI server without rebooting or restart,

Not sure what is happening when there is any issue with FTP server, XI function stops picking up the files,

Please advice

Thanks

PR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chk whether any file pick up was done during the startup of FTP if not chk for the file location, attributes,empty memory of the FTP server.

Also re-activate the CC of the FTP server;

welcome,

Deva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"I am working on a File to File scenario in PI 7.1 Version, Sender is FIT (ECC)..." Is this a File to file scenario or are you using RFC adapter to get data from ECC? If the latter is the case then I had a unresolved similar issue with the sender RFC adapter...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check the queues in XI, if there might be dead lock....try to clear the queue.

Also stop the channle from RWB and try to refresh, that should initite the working of Sender communication channel.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to Stop and start the CC on sender and receiver side, I can see the message on the SXMB_MONI but no activity on the Receiver CC side, because the file is not picked up by the FTP server,

When we restart the XI Server it comes into normal status

Thanks

PR

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The File Service alone can be restarted from Visual Admin or Netweaver Administrator. It could be done in seconds.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you see any error in CC monitoring ?

By the way you can try;

Changing the Connect mode parameter to "Per File Transfer" in Sender CC.

Select the Connect Mode.

○ If you select Permanently, an existing connection to the FTP server is used.

The connection is reestablished automatically if it is closed by the server.

○ If you select Per File Transfer, a new connection to the FTP server is established for each file transfer.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

How Can we start the File service alone in PI 7.1,

Thanks

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI PR,

He means to start and stop the service in visual administration. Login into visual administrator --> system id --> services --> SAP XI Adapter File --> right click on it and you have stop and start options. Stop it from there and restart it.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> How Can we start the File service alone in PI 7.1,

>

> Thanks

> PR

It is done in NetWeaver Administrator for PI7.1...we dont have Visual Admin in PI7.1.

This blog would help: /people/kenny.scott/blog/2009/03/08/pi-71-af-messaging-system-audit-log-persistence

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Sep 23, 2009 9:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

Did you try stopping and starting the communication channel from runtime workbench--> adapter monitoring --> communication cahnnel monitoring for your sender communication channel.

Also you can give a try by inactivating and activating the file sender communication channel in ID.

Regards,

---Satish