cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP promotions, changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

While changing a promotion , I get an error message " You have not selected a promotion that fulfills all conditions". (SCM 5.1)

Now to troubleshoot this I simplified the scenario to barest minimum.

The promotion in question is successfully saved and created. The promotion type is absolute. There is no cannibalisation. There is no promotion base. The selection is just one characteritic; that is-- product. For delete, the promotion is identified correctly by its name and deleted successfully.

Question 1 However when it comes to change, the functionalty insists for some strange reason on multiple selection conditions in addition to promotion name, and even after these* are input (correctly - I believe), you get this message.

Question 2 While activating there is an error message : Error occurred while changing promotions

I appreciate any clarifications, thanks in advance.

Anton

• The selections insisted are as below:

Planning Area

Planning Version

Promotion name

Promotion Key Figure

Promotion Base

From & to dates

Type

Status

Author

Define changes ( Characteristic for selection)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the issue which is yet unresolved and as no further replies received

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

From your observations, I could guess either one of the following

two things could have formed your issue.

1) Selection criteria could be wrong

2) Master data error.

Check and eliminate both the causes if any.

a) Try to give as much minimum selection conditions and then try change

b) Is the promotion key figure is maintained properly in all respects?

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil

With reference to your reply , below are my comments. Request your additional comments if any based on the additional information below

1) Selection criteria could be wrong

I had checked the selection criteria to the best of my knowledge. Most of the selection criteria are picked from the drop down.

2) Master data error.

I had checked the CVC values required in the selection for definition of the change. I had input the values for the characteristics in the promotion definition. I also tried inputing the values of other associated characterics without success

Could there be any other master data?

Check and eliminate both the causes if any.

a) Try to give as much minimum selection conditions and then try change

Had done it already. 'delete" works with just the promotion name - why not "change' - is my issue

b) Is the promotion key figure is maintained properly in all respects?

I believe so - becuase the promotion is successfully saved and also can be seen in the report.

Thanks and best regards,

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

I guess by your description that you ar eusing the "change promotion" from transaction /SAPAPO/MP42 - Promotion Management.

Did you try to access your promotion in interactive? Is the promotion OK?

You normally need only the planning area and the version.

Other filters are not, but these 2 are conpulsory.

Then you should define your changes on the same way you define a realignment:

On the left side the selection for your current CVCs, on the right side your expected new CVCs.

(e.g if you want all promotions for product A and location B to be changed to product C and location B enter:

from product A ..... to product C

from location B ..... to location B )

Attention: you should ensure that the target CVC already exists!

I suggest you try first with one CVC only, you can then easily ensure the the target one exist.

Note: here there is not control: if you do not enter the right selection on the left side, then you will get the error you mentionned. (e.g if there is no promotion for product A location B)

Finally, if you still have an issue, well open an OSS...

Another point: you mentioned canibalisation in your first message; note however this functionality does not work with canibalisation...

Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien

Thanks very much.

Re: Questions raise in your reply: Yes I was using MP42 transaction. Cannibalisation is not on. I accessed promotion in SDP94 and could see it there without any problem

Your answer was helpful, because it clarified something that I had misunderstood. I had thought that "change promotions" transaction could be used to change the details of the promotion (like quantity for the same CVC) but it appears that it icould not and is rather used for realignment as you very well explained.

My main problem though is to to "change the promotion quantity" for the already saved promotion (activated or not). Is there a way to do it? Or does mean that once a promo is saved the only way to change is to delete and recreate?

Also once I haved saved the promotion, I can see the promotion periodicity and quantity in reporting, but where can I see the MP34 settings once again if I have to ( I see only "create" button in MP34 but not "change" or "display")

Regards

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

/SAPAPO/MP42 is not meant for promotion planning as such, but for promotion management - i.e for adminstration (activate / deactivate, update, realignment...).

For planning, planner ususally acces promotion via interactive planning (/SAPAPO/SDP94 - Interactive Demand Planning ) From here you shift to the promotion planning view.

(or you can also use /SAPAPO/MP34 - Promotion Planning)

To modifiy a promotion you first need to deactivate it - i.e change status to draft.

Then you will be able to change the figures.

I hope it is clear, else let me know.

Thanks and Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien

I have several inactive promos with status "in process".

A) However when I enter MP34 I do not see a button or menupath where I can change an existing promo. I see only a "create" button there. Or, am I missing something?

B) Changing in Planning book: I believe that the change in promo KF is not transported back to the promotion object. Is this correct ?

Thanks and best regards,

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Do not access promotion through MP34 but from interactive.

Then switch to "promotion planning" (or ctrl +F4)

Then you will see that you "inprocess promotion is editable.

Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien

when I switch to the promotion view the only buttons or tabs that I see are:

Above the shuffler : 1) Back to interactive planning, 2) Create promotions

To the right of the shuffler : 3) "display promotions (glasses icon - this is grey, can't use it) 4) Distribution function (calculator icon)

Thanks and best regards,

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

In your selection window your selected object "promotion", you loaded a "in process" promotion, and you can still not change it?

Then I guess you have an authorisation issue here.

Ask your adminisatrator to have a look at it....

Good luck

Julien