cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan 7.0 SPS17 upgrade to SolMan 7.0 EhP1

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are about to upgrade our Solution Manager 7.0 SPS 17 to SolMan 7.0 EhP1 but something is unclear. We saw that for NW 7.0 we can use EhP Installer .. I was wondering if for Solution manager there is an EhP Installer available? Or do we have to use SPAM/SAINT and JSPM?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can have a look at below notes which will help you,

Please follow instructions of the following SAP Notes:

-

- Note 1122966 - For your Solution Manager release

- Note 1169247 - Enhancements to Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 Stack 18 upgrade---main

- Note 1244225 - Solution Manager 7.0 EhP 1: recommended corrections

- Note 1172948 - SAP Solution Manager - basic functions

- Note 1288694 - Required software for SAP Solution Manager EHP 1

- Note 1317199 - Important Solman informations and notes for SP18 and SP19

/people/tony.dethomasis2/blog/2009/03/09/applying-solution-manager-70-enhancement-pack-1

Regards

Uday

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thank you guys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Adrian,

SAP Solution Manager is updated to EHP 1 using transaction SAINT and Java Support Package Manager, you can verify this info in the page 3 of "Update Guide SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP 1". I have copied part of the content for you from that guide below.

Differences to SAP Enhancement Packages for SAP NetWeaver

All SAP enhancement packages serve the same purpose of allowing functional updates of systems without a system

upgrade. However, in some details EHPs for SAP ERP, SAP NetWeaver, and SAP Solution Manager differ, most

Importantly in the following:

1) The installation of EHPs for SAP ERP is a selective update of usages in a system. In case of EHPs for SAP

NetWeaver and SAP Solution Manager you have one system which is updated as a whole.

2) The installation of an EHP for SAP NetWeaver is performed with SAP Enhancement Package Installer, which runs as

a guided procedure in combination with SAP Solution Manager 7.0.

3) SAP Solution Manager is updated to EHP 1 using transaction SAINT and Java Support Package Manager.

I am confident with the above statement since I have done the EHP1 for solman myself.

Rgds,

Mat.

0 Kudos

Hi Mat,

Thank you for your helpful answer.

One more think before to close the message.

Could you please give me the link to this update guide? Update Guide SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP 1

I can only see the Upgrade guides...

Thank you,

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

service.sap.com/swdc -> Installation & Upgrades -> Installation & Upgrade Guides

-> SAP Components -> SAP Solution Manager -> Release 7.0 EHP1 -> Upgrade ->

'Update Guide SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP 1'