cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction code SXMB_IFR Fails to bring up the page for the PI server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transaction code SXMB_IFR fails to bring up my PIQ server page. I get an error "Server not Found".

I have checked the setting in sxmb_adm-->Integration Engine Configuration Data and checked for my PIQ settings and it seemed fine. I was pointing to the right server, port and etc. I made sure that the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name is entered. Still the problem persists.

I noticed when the browser tries to open the page for my PIQ system, it routes to the below URL.

http://www.hostname.com:50000/dir/start/index.jsp.

I realize that "www" is unique for PIQ. I also made sure that we have no issues with DNS or name resolution system. Please advise if there are other settings that I should be aware of?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After restore when try to start the java application , what you find in the log.

pls check the log jvm_bootstrap_XXXXX.out,dev_bootstrap_XXXXX,dev_jcontrol,log_bootstrap_XXXXX.0.log,

Which will give the detail error where is the problem.

Thanks

Anil

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Before taking decision of restore , properly read the file it should help to resolve this issue.

i don't thing so you have to restore the whole system.

If you thing you have missed some file, then can you restore the j2ee folder which contain all the java part.

Regards

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

the folder that was missing was SCS01 and that has been restored, but Java still didn't come up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You. This issue has been resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thareq,

http://www.hostname.com:50000/dir/start/index.jsp

Usually when you open sxmb_ifr it will of this kind. http://hostname:50000/dir/start/index.jsp. I mean no WWW or COM.

Are you able to load the page with URL directly i.e http://hostname:50000/dir/start/index.jsp ?

If not probably you may need to check proxy settings.

Also i recommend you to check all your exchange profile parameters.

Please go through the troublehsooting guide for XI which is available on SDN. It will help you to resolve most of the basic issues.

Cheers...,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Raghu. I was able to open the page with the URL. I think the settings was with the Exchange Profile which was modified by one of the SAP staff. How do I change this profile parameters or where do I go to change it? Is it ok If I ask for your contact info.? Thanks You!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

I finally get the transaction SXMB_IFR to work and it opens up the PI page. However, when the developer clicks u201CEnterprise Services Builderu201D, it throws Application Error "Unable to launch the applications - Enterprise Services Repository". I was told by one of the SAP staff that they found a note that SAP_XIPCK is installed on the PI server and it needs to be uninstalled for this to work. Is that correct? If so, how do I uninstall it? Please advise?

Thareq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thareq,

Check for the Java version on the client machine,

Java version higher than 1.4 could be a problem.

And Is the system throwing you some kind of Java Exception Error?

Rgds,

vishnu

Edited by: vishnuarigela on Sep 23, 2009 5:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thareq,

Its true that if PCK is installed on the same machine as PI, you will not be able to load PI Tools. I did face this issue earlier.

You may need to uninstall PCK though sapinst. But before you uninstall please check if PCK is used for any purpose.

As i said in my previous post, it is PI 7.1 and not PI 7.0. Please check.

Run sapinst to uninstall. Give the global profile directory which will list all the available instances. Select PCK instance and uninstall.

Hope this helps.

Cheers...,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I am running a PI 7.1 Server. I am trying to uninstall the PCK through sapinst, but i don't see the option of installing the PCK. I know I have PCK install on this server. The only options i get is uninstalling the PI server which I don't want to do.

When I run the sapinst from the master installation directory "F:\SAPCD\Master\SAP_NW_AS_ABAP_7.1_Inst._Master\DATA_UNITS\IM_WINDOWS_X86_64_ORA" -->SAP Process Integrator 7.1 --> Software life cycle options --> uninstall -->

uninstall SAP instance or single instances--> I select the instance profile --> " I do not see the PCK unistall option" .

i only see the option to uninstall the main Instance.

Am i running the correct sapinst file?

Why I am not seeing the PCK uninstall option?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thareq,

Could you please tell me the OS and version ??

Please check the version of PCK installed.

Use the same version of Master to uninstall.

Also the profile directory of PCK must be different. Please check that. If you select the profile directory of PI, then it will show you only PI.

Best Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running Windows Server 2003 R2 (64BIT) with Oracle 10g. i ran the Sapinst and tried to select the folder destination "C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\PI71\INSTALL\ORA\STANDALONE\ORA\PCK" for the PCK folder and it doesn't accept it? What path should i specify for the profile director?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reghu,

Regarding uninstalling the PCK component from my PI server using SAPINST doesn't quite seem to work. I ran the sapinst

as you had instructed and I selected the profile and I had not seen the option to uninstall the PCK. I talked to one of the Basis consultant here and they had told me that when they installed the PI server, PCK got automatically installed on PI server. They had mentioned that uninstalling PCK through sapinst is not possible. Is there another way to uninstall the PCK without interrupting any thing else?

Former Member
0 Kudos

PCK by default it will not install, We need to deploy it using JSPM. But as per SAP recommendations PCK should be deployed on a seperate JAVA instance in which there should not any IR,ID & ESR is configured. I hope you can undeploy it using JSPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

Thanks for your reply. There was another note on one of the forums about PCK. The forum mentioned that "Directly perform the configuration for switching to AF. There is no need for uninstalling PCK. The settings with PCK will automatically be lost".

Do you know the process to unconfigure PCK to switch to AF?

I will also try looking at JSPM to uninstall PCK aswell?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thareq,

Just stop the PCK service.

Then try opening IR and ID.

This should also work.

Cheers.......,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My PIQ Java instance had gone done due to me running sapinst. I think it had deleted some critical java files and etc. However, My ABAP stack is running fine. I need to do a full system restore. I am running Windows Server 2003 with Oracle 10g for my PI 7.1 Server. Can you please provide me with full instructions on doing a database restore. Thank You!