Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCs Interface Mapping Problem

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have two DCs - ModelDC and UserDC.

I have exposed ModelComponent in the Model DC as public part and have used the same in the UserDC's UserComponent under Used WebDynPro Components.

I need to map the nodes and context attributes from the model interface controller to the UserComponentController and from there to the View for building the UI.

When I try to map the UserComponentController with the ModelInterfaceController, there is a red 'x' mark on all the value attributes under all the nodes of the ModelInterfaceController. On observation, I found that the <b>'type'</b> for every attribute is missing in the model interface controller, but are present in the model controller.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OJ,

Delete the component usage of Model Component in User DC.

Also delete the public part declaration of model component. Rebuild both the DCs (Model + User) and add the model component again as public part and also as used component in User DC and Rebuild both the DCs again.

This should solve your problem.

Bala

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Thanks for the quick response.

I tried this now and it still doesn't work. It still shows the red'x' mark on the all the value attributes of all the nodes in the ModelInterfaceController.

Do I have to set anything in the ModelComponent under node properties before adding to public part?

Manoj

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

are u mapping the data form component contoller to the interface contoller ...then add the component controller in the propeties of interface contoller and then try to map....after that right click on the compoennt ..slect create public part and select the whole component dont uncheck anything ....i think it should work......

Regards,

Yash

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yashpal

In the ModelDC the Mapping is like this:

Model<ModelCOntroller<ModelInterfaceController

This mapping seems fine and the 'type' info of the value attributes are not lost.

In the UserDC, the mapping has to be like this:

ModelInterfaceConrtroller<--UserComponentController

After doing the required steps (used DCs and adding to UsedWebDynpro Compoenents), when I go to the data modeler, when i view the value attributes under each node, it shows the red 'x' mark.

no clue what the problem might be.

Thanks

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

OJ,

Add the suitable structure<b>*</b> that is bound to the model node to the same "public part" (i.e ModelComponentPP)and do a DC build for both the DCs.

Bala

<b>*</b> Go to the Dictionaries--> ModelName --> Structures and choose the Structure bound to the model node and right click to choose "Add to Public Part".

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OJ the datatypes of the attributes are not passed because they are of not Java type .....u have to select the model also to the public part ......

in the component there is a node of datatype ....for ur model a node is created ......so try to add this in model...but i m not sure for this thing ...

Regards,

Yash

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala and Yashpal

You guys are amazing.

Thanks a ton,

Manoj

Answers (0)