cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check whether the text exists in the editor or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In my Proforma invoice , I am showing material sub text for each item at item level which is maintained by the user in a text editor for each item. I want to show the material description if no text is maintained by the user in that item.How can I find out whether text is maintained or not when I display it using Text element of text type INCLUDE TEXT in smartform.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U can try to check if there's the header data in table STXH

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you max. It's working.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Max Already said above, the table is STXH, but this check u can not do in the script's edior , u need to call an external subroutine. Put a select on STXH with the same parameters that you pass to include text.

If u get a sy-subrc EQ 0 then text exists else not.

- Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my Proforma invoice , I am showing material sub text for each item at item level which is maintained by the user in a text editor for each item. I want to show the material description if no text is maintained by the user in that item.How can I find out whether text is maintained or not when I display it using Text element of text type INCLUDE TEXT in smartform.

Hi Jaya,

In the smartform Text element, wherein you are displaying the "material sub text for each item at item level " , go to the "CONDITIONS " Tab. and key in the folling condition:

(Mat subtext) Field NE ' '

Add one more text element where you would display the material description, go to the "CONDITIONS " Tab. and key in the folling condition:

(Mat subtext) Field EQ ' '

This should solve your concern. Revert in case of any further queries!

Thanks,

Varna