cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call report program(se38) using Web Dynpro Application(se80).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to Web Dynpro Application in sap abap. I have one requirement please suggest me.

How to call the report program using WebDynpro Application.

My requirement is to call two report programs(Output only) when i click on the Submit button in webdynpro application.

Thank you with regards

V.VENKATESH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want to display it in ALV or Normal Table UI element.

Submit Button handler ....

Check out these links -

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=29253250&messageID=7731540

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Actually I have two report programs:

1. To extract the xml files and store the data in to data base, program name is zprogram_application.

When i click "EXTRACTION" button the web dynpro application automatically run the this program "zprogram_application".

I want run the report program and get message extraction successfully.

These two programs when execute every time i have to go se38 report program and run I don't want to go every time that's why i am creating web application and run the two program in web application.

Thank you

V.VENKATESH

Former Member
0 Kudos

extract xml files from where?

if prom presentation server, then you can have a upload element on your webdynpro screen, pass this as a sumbit '<reportname>' ... in the action method of a button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

xml files from system desktop. I have given the path and then how to call the se38 report program. Please give any code or suggestions.

Thank you

V.VENKATESH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you designed the WDA with EXTRACTION button. In this button handler, you need to call the other reprt program(se38) right.

One thing you confirm...do you want the output of this report program...or you want the selection screen if any to be displayed.....

If you want to have the path of the file to be given as Inout ans store to database then You need to use

FILEUPLOAD/FILE DOWNLOAD UI element. In latest version, you can use CL_WD_ACF_EXECUTE & CL_WD_ACF_UP_DOWNLOAD (AcfUpDownload or AcfExecute UI elements).

Can you elaborate the 2 reports.....for more clarity.

Regards,

Lekha.

Edited by: Lekha on Sep 22, 2009 4:43 PM

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this article: [Execute an ABAP Report From WebDynpro|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/a086ce1e-b551-2b10-e4ba-bf7ac5e4b2d6&overridelayout=true], this might help.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi madam,

1. project name: TEST_PROGRAM

2. File Path: C:\Documents and Settings\venkatesh\Desktop\venky UPLOAD

This path contains meta files or xml files. when i click the "UPLOAD" path will be added. Later i click "EXTRACTION BUTTON".

"EXTRACTION".

When i click extraction button i want run the se38 program "zprogram_test".

what can i do the report program run.

I don't want any output i want only run the report program.

Please give me your suggestion.

Thank you

V.VENKATESH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the First part of the UPLOAD done in WD. In the EXTRACTION button handler, try to call

the report using the ACFEXECUTE a new UI element in latest version.

or

In that button handler, refer this link for Arpan's reply.....

Regards,

Lekha.