cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC going to same approver twice

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am encountering a problem related to the Approval of a Shopping Cart.

SC goes to same approver twice. This happens especially when one user creates SC on behalf of another user. I have checked the N-Step approval BADI. (BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI). When I passed the values to BADI, itu2019s showing correct approver list. There is no problem from BADI as per my analysis.

In SWIA --> Work Flow Container --> Approver List. I see Actual Agents showing correct set of approvers say ABCD but the column u201CAgentu201D is showing the approver list as AACD. The work item is going twice to the Requestor (A) of Shopping Cart.

Kindly let me know how to tackle this issue.

Regards,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SE12
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

Did you debug to see which values the badi was returning during the approval of the cart by the first (problem) approver? If so, what are the values of the table approver_list, and what is the 'actual' index at this time?

Kind regards,

Siobhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The N step Badi is showing no deviation as said earlier. The table Approver_List is showing correct results (Such as A,B,C & D). I have debugged the BADI and found no fault.

Where as I came across the FM: BBP_WFL_DIN_APPR_CONTAINER_GET. This is showing the same deviation as in the T-code SWIA> Container> Approver List (A,A,C,D). I believe this FM is picking up the details from Work Flow since we execute this FM based on the Work Item ID of a Shoppingcart. The FM is showing the deviation where the Requester is replacing the approver in the next step. Giving the Apporver list as A,A,C & D.

Can some one explain how this FM is linked to the Work Flow. Why this FM is showing the Wrong approvers while N Step Badi showing the correct set of approvers?

Regards,

Kris

SE12
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

I have come across this issue a few times with other customers and the solution was most times related to the approval index being returned from the badi and the actual index of the workflow. If everything is ok from the badi at that stage then the problem could be related to the SAP code. That is why I asked for the values returned from the badi and the actual index at exactly this point in the process. If these values are ok then you could create a message for further assistance, and we will debug to try to find a solution. Note 954135, Solution A, may be useful for you.

I hope that this information is of help to you.

Kind regards,

Siobhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have carried out Workflow Testing in SWUS. Following are the errors shown by the system.

Error handling for work item 0000XXXXXXX

Work item 000012952615: Object 000xxxxx method SETRELEASED cannot be executed

Error changing to status RELS, System status APPR is active

Error handling for work item 0000XXXXXXX

Error changing to status RELS, System status APPR is active

I am not very sure about how to ananlyze this workflow errors. Can some one help me on this regard?

Cheers,

Kris

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, the approver list is created from your implementation(s) of the Badi.

I would suggest to place an external break-point in the badi implementation and recreate the scenario.

That way you can find out how the date is retrieved and what is causing this behaviour.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob Dielemans,

I have already carried out a detailed check on BADI in prod system. I also have replicated the same scenario in Quality and went through a detailed debugging, compared the values of BADI o/p of Qual with Prod system. I have also passed the values to certain fields of BADI for comparison and found no deviation. I am convinced that there is no problem with the BADI. I see there is a problem in WFL when checked in SWIA. Kindly let me know the different checks to be carried out regarding the Workflow in order to identify the root cause.

Cheers,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sidharth,

Check whether Approver B has assigned Approver A as a active or passive substitute. This is one option where approver A will receive work item twice.

Thanks,

Shital Nimje

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shital,

Thanks for the input. I have checked for the missing approver if he has any substitute, but found none. More over we have more than 4 SC's having similar issues, so having substitute for all was an unlikely event. Pardon me for the delayed response.

Cheers,

Kris