cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add another .sca file to the existing track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We created a track and we added ESS and MSS sca files and working for so long.Now we have a requirement of adding another sca file.

Can we add this sca file to the existing track and start working or we need to create a new track and add ESS and MSS and this new sca

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

It depends all on your requirements.

If it is a new project (different delivery date) where you develope in an othe SCA, create a new track with just those SCA's you're developing on.

If ist is an existing project (same delivery date) where you develope a different SCA with no software dependecies between ESS/MSS and your SCA, create a new track with just those SCA's you're developing on.

Only when there is a dependency between your new SCA's and ESS/MSS you could have one track for all the software components. This not a requirement: you can still have seperate tracks for all SCA's if you want.

So in short: create a new track, add the SCA's you want to develope and add the Software Component dependencies in the Landscape Configurator.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alain.

We are planning to add MDM related SCA to the existing track.As far as I know we can have only active track at a time,correct me if I am wrong.so in that case only option left out is add MDM to the existing track.If we add like that what are the pros and cons

Please let me know what are the options left out

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala,

You are wrong ;-). You can have multiple active tracks pointing to the same runtime systems. This is normally the case when you have a maintenance track for hot-fixes and a current development track.

If you don't have any dependecies between MDM sca's and ESS/MSS sca's I would use a new track for the MDM sca's.

If MDM sca's depend on ESS/MSS sca's, make the last ones required SC's of the first ones.

If ESS/MSS sca's depend on MDM sca's, make the last ones required SC's of the first ones.

(With depends on I really mean can not build without.)

When you put all the sca's in one track you risk a OutOfMemoryException when building and activating as these sca's are really big. See other entries in this forum.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alain I will discuss with my basis people and get back to you

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Answers (0)