cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruleset tables deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Experts,

now i have issue that existed in the past . I am trying to delete the ruleset in our test system but the trick with the upload from an empty ruleset template doesnt seem to work anymore on the current version 5.3 sp08. A part is deleted but some tables not. So i am trying to find a way to clean the data and reload after.

Is there another way , except from deleting the contents of tables directly in the database ?

Thanx for helping

david

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

I had the same problem where the upload rules function didn't work. I ended up manually deleting all the risks then all the functions then business processes then rulesets then uploaded it via the Configuration and re-generated the rules.

If anyone has a much less painful way of cleaning the old rule set files out I am all ears

Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi david,

If you contact SAP support, they will give you a script which you can import through utilities in the rule architect. This should help you to delete the complete ruleset along with functions,actions,risks and business process.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Sahan and Nathan,

thank you for your answers. So i will first try to do it manually and if it is not working i will ask SAP though i remember from somewhere i read, that SAP doesnt provide anymore that script for deletion.

Cheerz,

david

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

SAP can't provide scripts any longer for legal reasons.

You will, however, receive a PDF with the database structure that will be more useful to you in the long run.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank

Is there any issues to continue using the script we already have it now?

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I don't think so, as long as you're staying at the same SP level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank

The SP level have been already updated to latest. So does that mean we should not use it again? What are the issues that can cause if we continue to use that. Can we use the script in a new project?

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sometimes the database structure or table use changes between SPs.

Please open a message with SAP and ask for the table reference.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just found from SAP that Support Pack 10 comes with a new Utility to Delete the Rule sets that are unwanted.

Farah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Farah,

did you test this new funktion?

Regards

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

i tested this function and for one connector it takes 7 days..at least on our system.

Regards,

david

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

I couldn't agree more. It takes forever to delete the connector. I opened message with SAP but then we did not let them troubleshoot as we did not have time. If you delete data directly from database, it will be done in half an hour.

Regards,

Alpesh