cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing Adapter in PCK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to test sample adapter in PCK Server (Scenario PCK -Sender to PCK-Receiver, cc - sample Adapter). I configured scenario per help.sap.com. in CC Monitoring, it shows as it is functioning and in green legend. Even though I configured sender agreement and receiver agreement, it is not picking file and not doing anything.

I configured NWA with relevenat config (authorization of user, isconfig url, internal, user, password etc ) as per help.sap.,com.

Did any one come across this issue? I appreciate your help.

NOTE: you will get double points for right answer, with my subscription

Thanks,

Ravi Appala

919 386 0221

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Self Answered

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be some basic check can help:

1) file location and filename(alongwith extension) are maintained properly in the channel

2) if possible use the IP address of the file server from where the file is to be picked up.

3) In case of XI/ PI when such a thing happens, it is blamed on the adapter being locked. If the adapter is locked it will just show message in CC monitoring like processing started (something similar), however in reality the channel is not able to pick the file because the adapter is locked...check if it is the issue for you...not sure if the procedure to check for adapter is the same for PCK and XI/ PI....it is done through Visual Admin in 7.0 and in NWA for 7.1

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set up PCK server on my PC, so pointing file to my local file (NTFS) system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Can you try installing an FTP server like filezilla on your system and using that instead of local file system.

You can connect to that ftp server using IP 127.0.0.1

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am familiar with external FTP server, but it is not problem with file system. I could configure File adapter which is working fine with local system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the type of adapter you are using on Sender side?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am surperised to see that CC is not posting any messages in cc monitoring except functioning, but it is actually working and could see messages in RWB.

Thanks for all your help.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

At least the Communication channel should have picked the file.

What is the format of the file? and crosscheck their names.

For example if it is specified as *.TXT in sender channel then the file name cannot have .txt as extension. Case do matter here.

What is the type of sender communication channel?

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here iam using test.xml file (dummy one) and cc type is JCA (Sample adapter). Per SAP Documentation, it says test xml, does not say where to get from, so put dummy one.

I appreciate your answer.

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check the adapter engine monitoring. there you can get the channel log. other wise it is problem at adapter engine . i.e., PCK was not configured properly at IS level

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked at adatper monitor, it shows functioning properly. PCK is configured properly, otherwise PCK tools and as well channels does not show functional. Here Sender Agreement is not functioning, without that it does not pick the file. I am not why sender agreement is not functioning, or showing error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you had maintained all the details such as party, service and cc per the SAP help...

Also refer the below discussion, if that may give you some hint.

thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the sender agreemnt is functioning then pls chk for the correct service; aftere that service configlike with / wo pty , correct pty name is specified for with pty; correct Business system/ business service specified for w/o pty.

Also chk the CC of the SA for proper connection parameters;

welcome,

deva,