cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Staging for Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have mapped different SLOCs for Inventory management and for Production Planning.

For Ex 5100 is a Plant

I have 3 different SLOCs used for Inventory management which are Warehouse managed SLOCs.

I have different SLOCs which are NON Warehouse managed. (For Ex P01)

Our requirement is that when I stage materials using create part and release part for Production order however SLOC on the shopfloor P01 is not at all updated how to handle material flow here?

Do I need to make Shop floor SLOC to be warehouse managed??

Do I need to do SLOC to SLOC transfer first??

Please advice

Thanks and Regards

Shrinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrinivas,

Look at this recent thread

This was the discussion between me & armueller.

In his case he has 2 storage locations and you have 3 SLOCs. But standard solution supports one storage location as standard

SLOC where you store goods permenantly. One more SLOC is Staging area. (Yes it should be assigned to Warehouse).

Scenario

You manage your material stocks in warehouse number 001 in the Warehouse Management system (WMS). 
You manage the warehouse stock in the WMS in storage location 0091 of plant 0001. 
You manage the warehouse stock for production in production storage location 0092 of plant 0001. 
As soon as you stage the goods for production, they are posted to production storage type 100 
in production storage location 0092 of plant 0001.

You assign both 0091 & 0092 storage locations to your warehouse number.

You define the storage location 0091, as the standard storage location in this warehouse number in the Customizing for

Warehouse Management under Interfaces ® Inventory Management ® Define Storage Location Control ® Assignment Control

of "Plant/Storage Location u2013 Whse Number".

For the storage location 0092 to which you have assigned the interim storage area 100 and its stock, set the indicator Do not

Copy Storage Location in TR in the Customizing for Warehouse Management, under Interfaces ® Inventory Management ® Define

Storage Location Control ® Assignment Control of "Plant/Storage Location u2013 Whse Number".

Answers (0)