cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESR objects after re-importing SWCV into ESR from SLD

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We created two SWCVs in SLD and imported into ESR.

I_MYCOMP_SWCV_ONE

I_MYCOMP_SWCV_TWO

I created few design objects like DTs MTs SIs like dtA, dtB, siC in I_MYCOMP_SWCV_TWO

but later, for some reason, to enable usage of objects of I_MYCOMP_SWCV_ONE to be used/referenced in I_MYCOMP_SWCV_TWO, we had to create dependencies in sld, something like I_MYCOMP_SWCV_TWO depends on I_MYCOMP_SWCV_ONE,

after we defined the dependency in sld, the SWCVs need to be reimported into ESR, and my previous design objects dtA, dtB, siC will be lost if i reimport I_MYCOMP_SWCV_TWO

is there any wayout, in which all my previous objects will not be lost, (so that i need not re-create manually) after importing I_MYCOMP_SWCV_TWO

thanks,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think you will loose previous design objects, after re-import, it brings references so that it can refer to.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>after we defined the dependency in sld, the SWCVs need to be reimported into ESR, and my previous design objects dtA, dtB, siC will be lost if i reimport I_MYCOMP_SWCV_TWO

they will not be lost for sure (you you reimport without deletion)

if such a thing happens this is your installation error only

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>>>they will not be lost for sure (you you reimport without deletion)

thanks, when we try to reimport without delition.. we got below message.

A software component version with the name I_MYCOMP_SWCV_TWO already exists
To update the SLD information, use the relevant menu option in the editor for software component versions

But it is possible to update SWCV from the content from the sld.

that served the purpose.

thanks again.