cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS QUERRY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Based on the times defined in the work center capacity the scheduling is done in PPDS. In the capacity i have defined the times as 8.00 am to 4.00 PM with a break of one hour.

when i run the planning the orders are scheduled accordingly. suppose if the operation is for 2 days, in detailed scheduling board it shows the entire 2 days. now my client wants to schedule in break time and assign overtime after working hours. But i want to know how this can be done nmanually. Pls help

Thanks

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583456
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

if you switch on the strategy setting "Non-Working Times" (can be found in the section "Other Parameters" of the DS planning board strategy) then you will be able to schedule operations into breaks.

Best regards

Thomas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vinay,

In Externalcap tab in resource master, is there tickmark made on

ext capacity.

It means your capacity is governed from external system or R/3

system.

Remove the tick box and save it and retry

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Senthil,

scheduling for any operation considers times and breaks from from work center. thats fine. what i am looking for is, for example morning 10.00 to 10.15. there is a break defined and again 12.30 to 1.00 for lunch anf again 3.00 to 3.15 there is one more tea break. in the scheduling board i want this times to be vacant. if i decide to run any operation during these breaks. i can schedule it manually. everytime we cant go to masterdata. because overtimes will be decided only by end of the shift. once we decide to have overtime of 3 hrs. i want that operation to be scheduled manually either in break times or non working times.

hope u have understood my querry.

Regards

vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

You can make use of break duration field in time cont capacity in

resource master

If you still require dynamic timing settings, make use of

capacity variants in resource master

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear senthil,

I updated the break times in time continuous tab in resource master. but these changes are not updated in resource planning table. or in detailed scheduling board. Pls guide.

Thanks

vinay