Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Received during opening doc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

We are receiving the error while opening doc

The image file path c:\login id.exe is valid,but is for a machine type other than the current machine

please guide

regards

kunal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

we have customized the following in DC20:

PC Standard PC C:\temp\

It is working for the moment, but we are preparing the rollout of Windows7 for our clients.

We decided to eliminate "hard" entries and to use the system/user variables, defined in Windows

for example %temp%.

I tied to add this in DC20, but then a folder "%temp%" was created in the SapWorkDir when i

viewed a tif in CV04N !!!

Is there a way to use these system variables?

I seems that if i let the field empty in DC20, the path of the variable %temp% will be used, but

i am not totally sure what might happen or if there will be any side effects in the future.

Also i found information that there may be problems with layers in the EAI viewer.

All tests up to now were positive, but maybe you can give us a better statement.

Thanks in advance

Martin Schneider

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Martine Schneider

I seems that if i let the field empty in DC20, the path of the variable %temp% will be used, ....

Yes, leaving it empty should serve your purpose without any issues.

Thanks

Amaresh Makal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

do you mean that the user on this PC is not able to access the mentioned path "c:\login id.exe". Could you please provide us more information about the problem.

- Which path do you use for the frontendtype in transaction DC20? Please note that the user needs read- and write permission for this path.

- Which file type do you want to display?

- Do you get an error message?

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx Sir For Prompt Reply

I hchecked in DC20 as there is not frontend mention,please guide more in this

Sir we were having pdf format but due to some constrain the it team has introduce foxit which is the path name for think client and with this path pdf is open,sir as in spro i did changed with workstation %AUTO% in for pdf and exe type,when user is attaching the document and trying to open it gets open and when it is linked to object link and we try to open it again by saving the document we get above error.

Awaiting for your valuable answer

Regards

Kunal

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

for displaying attached originals correctly, I would recommend you to maintain a path for your frontendtype in transaction DC20. Please see the following link which explains the system behavior and why the path in DC20 is necessary. Please maintain a value here where the users have read- and write-permission.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/DC20-Controllocaloriginal+copy

In case you are using parameter %AUTO% for die workstation application please made sure that a working external programm is maintained in the windows folder settings for this file format.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

I did as per the suggestion you said,sir in some pc the document is getting opened and in some it shows error

No programs available for processing document and some times it shows error

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe

c:\path\-(user id)_4.exe

c:\path\_c580-1.exe

please guide its not on all terminal

regards

kunal