SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Creation for Emigall

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please can any one help me in emigall. I have created two migration object and have even create sample files for each object and the records are generated successfully. But now i need the steps in which i can create a file format and update the file as i have around 50,000 records. How do i post the file in application server and then execute. Please can you give the steps to follow.

Regards,

Charvi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming that you have created the files on presentation server, perform the following steps:

1) Select the migration object and click on Import Data.

2) In the import file, give a file name. Click on create.

3) In the next screen, select menu option Edit -> Data->Upload.

you will now be able to see the data.

If you are using some other software,like datastage, the file will be created on application server. In that case, you need to follwo the step Utilities-:Convert Migration File in the Import Data screen.

Regards,

Sachin

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming that you have created the files on presentation server, perform the following steps:

1) Select the migration object and click on Import Data.

2) In the import file, give a file name. Click on create.

3) In the next screen, select menu option Edit -> Data->Upload.

you will now be able to see the data.

If you are using some other software,like datastage, the file will be created on application server. In that case, you need to follwo the step Utilities-:Convert Migration File in the Import Data screen.

Regards,

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi sachin,

The problem is that when i created a sample file that got stored on the application server but, i can view the whole data file. So i m not able to create a excel file in the same format.

Please can you guide me on that.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me how did you created the file on application server??

If you directly uploaded the file through the Creation steps I mentioned above, EMIGALL itself converts the import file into the format which you are seeing.

To create the file again in the same format, what you can do is Open the file in EMIGALL using the option Display import file, and then download this file to your desktop. Then open it in Excel and make the changes to the new file.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure I understood the problem. What exactly do you want to do?

(1) display the whole file in the file edir? You need to set the 'Number displayed DR' parameter in the user parameter to 50000.

(2) download the file? Do step (1) and in the file editor Edit -> Data -> Download or Edit -> process in Excel

(3) change the file for a single data object? step (1) and open the file in change mode

(4) change the file mass wise? not possible

(5) correct errors? Use the error file that has been created during the data import

(6) migrate with parallel jobs? use the distributed import

Did I miss something? If yes, please clarify.

Cheers,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Friedrich,

Thank you. I am able to upload my file and was able to create a business partner. But there is one strange thing for which i need help. I am not able to locate the field for maintianing mobile number which is maintained under the head 'communication'. Please can you guide me through which field i need to transfer data.

Regards

Charvi Sanghavi

0 Kudos

Charvi,

I assume you are referring to the address independant communication data. Please see the migration customizing as delivered in migration company SAP. There are the follwing fields marked as generated: ICOM_CHIND_TEL, ICOM_TEL_DEFLT ICOM_TEL_NUMBER. If the phone number is a mobile number you need to transfer additionally an X in the ICOM_TEL_MOBILE field.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hello Firedrich,

We use the communication Section and not Adress-Independent Communication.

The same is the case with the email address. I maintianed a value under the field SMTP_ADDR but it did not get updated while uploading. I was successful for the field TEL_NUMBER.

Regards,

Charvi Sanghavi

0 Kudos

Hello Charvi,

Please see the for an example, how to migrate mobile phone numbers as address dependant communication data in the BUT020 structure.

The concept for emails is the same as for telephone numbers. You need to migrate additionally at least the following fields:

SMTP_ADDR email address

SMTP_DEFLT X (if it is the default email)

CHIND_SMTP I (for insert)

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hello Friedrich,

I got successful with the email address, but could not update the mobile number. I have got confused. Do i have to create another record of BUT020 with other fields blank and have a new telephone number and mark it as mobile number.

Please guide me.

Regards,

Charvi Sanghavi

0 Kudos

Hello Charvi,

Good to hear that you succeeded migrating the email address. If you need to migrate a telephone number AND a mobile number you will require two BUT020 structures. Please have again a look at the . In chapter 7.4.1 How to migrate addresses of a business partner? you will find an example how to migrate this scenario.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hello Friedrich,

Thanks a lot for your inputs but i was not able to upload the mobile number even after maintiang a seperate record. If i do that i am getting two search items for the same business partner number in the search list which is misleading.

Please can you help me step wise.

Regards,

Charvi Sanghavi

0 Kudos

Hello Friedrich,

Thanks a lot for your inputs but i was not able to upload the mobile number even after maintiang a seperate record. If i do that i am getting two search items for the same business partner number in the search list which is misleading.

Please can you help me step wise.

Regards,

Charvi Sanghavi

0 Kudos

Charvi,

Please let me know which fields of the BUT020 structure you are using (BUT020 record by BUT020 record). Please mention the fields you've configured with a fixed-value field rule (and of course what the fixed values of the fixed value objects are).

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hello Friedrich,

Please find the attached information you had asked for:

Field Processing type Values Fixed Value FV Contents

ADDR_DATE_FROM Transfer 20090101

ADDR_DATE_TO Transfer 99991231

CHIND_ADDR Fixed EMG_FLAG_INS I

CHIND_SMTP Fixed EMG_FLAG_INS I

CHIND_TEL Fixed EMG_FLAG_INS I

CITY1 Transfer Mumbai

COUNTRY Fixed IN IN

FAX_NUMBER Transfer 26781708

LOCATION Transfer Ridge Road

POST_CODE1 Transfer 400009

REGION Fixed REGIO MAH

SMTP_ADDR Transfer abc.hotmail.com

SMTP_DEFLT Fixed EMG_MARKED X

STREET Transfer Ruprarel Aprt

STR_SUPPL1 Transfer Near amex cinema

STR_SUPPL2 Transfer Opposite nadco shopping centre

STR_SUPPL3 Transfer Parle W

TAXJURCODE Fixed AD_TXJCD IN00

TEL_DEFLT Fixed EMG_MARKED X

TEL_MOBILE Transfer 9912345678

TEL_NUMBER Transfer 26897412

Regards,

Charvi

0 Kudos

Charvi,

You need to transfer two BUT020 structures if you want to migrate a telephone number AND a mobile number for an address. Only in the 1st BUT020 structure (where you transfer street and city name) the change indicator CHIND_ADDR must be set to I ("Insert"). In the 2nd BUT020 structure (where you transfer the 2nd phone number, either the landline or the mobile number) the change indicator for addresses (CHIND_ADDR) must remain space. Otherwise the application assumes that it needs to create a 2nd address when processing the 2nd BUT020 structure.

This means that you must not transfer the change indicator fields, such as, CHIND_ADDR, CHIND_SMTP and CHIND_TEL, as fixed values. You must change the field rule to Move/Transfer and pass either an I or a space in dependancy of the data transferred in the same BUT020 structure.

Kind regards,

Fritz

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Charvi,

I recognized that you've changed the status of your message to 'question resolved'. Did you succeed to migrate the two phone numbers (landline and mobile number) with the given advices?

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hello Friedrich,

Thanks a lot, i was successful to upload all of them. Tel number, Fax number, Mobile Number and Email adress. It was really good advice.Now have understood how it is working.

But have faced a new issue. We have created a file which we are uploading after using the functionality of 'Convert migration file'. There is a error which says that 'Termination due to data type with message number EM109. But the strange thing is that the record is getting generated even when this error appears.

Please could you help us in this.

Regards,

Charvi

Edited by: CharviS on Oct 1, 2009 11:02 AM

0 Kudos

Charvi,

do you mind opening a new thread for your question? ;o)

It would be good if you could provide a more detailed description (step by step) what exactly you are doing.

Kind regards,

Fritz