Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Authorization Limits - Does anyone know in which tables the data resides

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Am trying to write code that automatically picks up PO Authorization Limits by employee for further analysis. Does anyone know which SQL table(s) the PO Authorization Limits reside? I've done quite a lot of digging on the subject but can find very little by way of helpful information on the internet. If there are any helpful resources that you are aware of, and can point me in that direction, I would be happy to receive that.

Any help is appreciated.

Ian

7 REPLIES 7

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Am trying to write code that automatically picks up PO Authorization Limits by employee for further analysis.

Can you please explain a bit more about your goal? What is your definition/view of PO authorization limits?

0 Kudos

Thank you for your interest. I'd like to understand how often PO's are split to avoid triggering authorization. For example if the PO authorization limit for a sales rep is £500, and there are two or three POs daily, going to the same supplier at a value of £499. We'd quite like to know whether, and how often, this is occuring. There are probably many ways to do this - but the organisation has a new tool called LiveCompare which can pull snapshots of the data out at regular intervals. I've been tasked with setting up continuous controls monitoring using the data which is retrieved from LiveCompare (i.e. from the tables themselves). I'd like to be able to pull the PO Authorization limits for employees, those who have access to raise POs, and then to run a sweep of the EKKO/EKPO tables to build a profile so that the comparison could be done. It's a bit big brother, I know, but its of interest to my employer. It's also a test of the tool to see how easy it is to set up these types of controls. To do meet my goal, I would need to know which tables hold the PO Authorisation limits i.e. how much each employer can raise on a PO before it is escalated.

I've done a lot of digging but haven't found an answer yet. I'm hoping some bright spark is going to say - hey that's easy. Just use table 'x'...

Thanks again for your interest.

0 Kudos

> Just use table 'x'...

For the authorization side of things my hint is limited to a join between AGR_USERS and AGR_1251 but my knowledge of PO's isn't enough to tell you on which object to filter. Maybe you need to sit with an authorzation consultant at your site and inspect a role where they know a limit is defined.

0 Kudos

Haven't tried, but my hint would be that this is a part of the business logic for releasing PO's.

If it's there, then try transaction BAPI and drill down to the method you would expect to find this business function used for correctly.

Here you can either go searching in the code of the BAPI for the backend table(s) or just simply use that corresponding BAPI and forget about the mapping of release strategies to groups to authorizations.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

This may depends on the Release strategy of your organisation.

PO Approval workflow depends on the how it has been configured.

Release strategy and Release code and group can be referred in the following tables.

V_T16FC

V_T16FS

Based on this release group and code, your security may be configured.

For e.g.

your workflow configured in such as way that if some one raise PO for u2018Xu2019 $ amount, it than triggers workflow (again this workflow depends on configuration such as based on Purch group, Org structure etc. ),

part of this process it checks if the person has approval access for Release code & group relevant to the amount.

Once you have this information you can than dig in further with the auth object relevant of Org levels and M_EINK_FRG object.

Hope this will help you, I would also suggest you to confirm with your SAP team for the overall release strategy.

0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your help, it's very much appreciated. I will endeavour to follow through with an investigation and report back when I have an answer. Not sure on the timescales though.

Ian

0 Kudos

>

> This may depends on the Release strategy of your organisation.

> PO Approval workflow depends on the how it has been configured.

>

> Release strategy and Release code and group can be referred in the following tables.

> V_T16FC

> V_T16FS

>

> Based on this release group and code, your security may be configured.

>

> For e.g.

> your workflow configured in such as way that if some one raise PO for u2018Xu2019 $ amount, it than triggers workflow (again this workflow depends on configuration such as based on Purch group, Org structure etc. ),

> part of this process it checks if the person has approval access for Release code & group relevant to the amount.

>

> Once you have this information you can than dig in further with the auth object relevant of Org levels and M_EINK_FRG object.

>

> Hope this will help you, I would also suggest you to confirm with your SAP team for the overall release strategy.

in addition to this, the limits are stored in characterstics which are attached to classification (class type 032, release strategy). to view them, go to tx. OLME (or OLMSRV) -> Purchase Order -> Release Strategy. In order to read the strategy, do as Kinjar Patel wrote, to find the limits attached to the strategy use the tables KLAH etc. and AUSP.